We're back baby!

(Not modern? I'm not sure what it'd be called. If you know, let me know)
Also- still dating

It was dark out already, rain had begun to fall steadily. You figured that he wouldn't be stopping by, you stood up from your chair by the window, moving to the stool in front of your vanity. You began to undo your hair updo from the day. Pulling out the pins one by one, your hair starting to fall out. You were about halfway through when one got stuck, pulling at it trying to make it come loose. Letting out a few cries, you felt as though you were ripping your hair out.

"Woah. You need any help?" You heard a familiar voice ask. You could barely see through the hair in front of your face.

"I-I didn't think you were coming." You answered, embarrassed.

"Good thing I did." You heard his footsteps come closer to you then felt his hand in your hair, then working through it. There was one slight pull and then...

"There we are." He put the pin down. You had finish taking the last few out as he got the one.

"Thanks." You smiled slightly, then grabbing your brush. Brushing through the matted mess.

"Does that not hurt?" He asked and you were brushing, you could hear all of the knots in it.

"No, it does. I'm just trying to look a bit decent, you walked in on me trying to- well I looked like a mess." You replied, embarrassed again.

"Look at me. I think I'm more of a mess." He laughed out. You turned to look at him, almost drenched in water.

"I'm so sorry, how rude of me. Can I get you a towel or maybe I have-" you started, as you stood up.

"I didn't mean it like that." He replied, quietly. You both stood in silence for a bit.

"Bad day?" You asked, walking towards him.

"I mean- if you really wanna hear about it." He replied, sitting in the chair near the window.

"Always." You smiled, sitting on your bed facing him.

"Lousy headline and lousy weather lead to a lousy day." Blink explained, a bit annoyed.

"Didn't sell much then?" You asked, he shook his head in response.

"Sorry about that." You replied, sympathetically.

"Don't be. I'm just happy that I was able to come see you for a bit." He replied, standing up.

"You have to go? Already?" You whined a bit.

"I don't want the fellas to get suspicious." He said walking up to you, then you stood up.

"How long do we have to keep us a secret." You asked, wrapping your arms around him and leaning your head on his chest.

"I know, I'm sorry. Not much longer, I promise." He responded, then kissed the top of your head. You let go of him.

"I love you." You said as he walked towards the window, he opened it.

"I love you too, messy hair and all." He called as he climbed out and shut the window.

Meanwhile...

"He's been actin' real suspicious, if you ask me." Race said as him and a few other Newsies were smoking outside the Lodging House.

"Been smiling too much." Jack added, causing a small reaction of laughter.

"Speak of the devil.." Boots said, as they all saw Blink approaching. Everyone stared at Blink as he went to stand with the group.

"Problem?" Blink asked rather roughly.

"Yea. Where you been sneakin' off to?" Race asked.

"No where." Blink replied, grabbing an extra cigarette from Race.

"Then whose apartment window did I see you climbin' out of the other day?" Mush asked, which created a stir in the group.

"Probably with some girl." Someone chimed.

"Probably time ya told them." Bumlets said quietly to Blink, then he walked inside.

"You gonna tell us or what." Jack questioned.

"Fine. Yes, it's a girl. And I didn't wanna say nothing cause I know you wouldn't stop hounding me about her." Blink explained.

"That's all your gonna tell us?" Mush asked.

"At least you know. And on that note, I'm going to bed." Blink said, then turned and walked inside.Everyone watched as Blink walked away, then more added commentary.

"Blink? Girlfriend? Something about that seems too funny." Jack laughed.

"Girls are only good for one thing. Other than that, trouble." Race added.

"This outta be interesting." Jack finished.

I'm back :)
Don't know how often I'll be writing, but here is a start
<3