Dance with me

Modern

Days were hard, stressful even. The harsh winter was making it hard to stay motivated to do anything as well . Y/n sat with her head in her hands at the kitchen table, unable to focus on the task at hand. The last thing she wanted to do when she came home from work was more work.

"Come on, focus." She said to herself in a sharp whisper.

"The sooner you get this done, the sooner you can go to bed." She huffed. Y/n looked over towards the fireplace, it was finally warming up the house. Then, she looked over to the clock. 7:30, Louis had already called and said he wouldn't be home until about 8. You and him always liked to have the house organized and neat, but lately that had become the last thing on your minds. So, you were trying to clean up just a bit before he got home.

"What was I doing again?" You asked yourself as you stood up from the table. You looked back down at the table, seeing the towels you had just folded.

"Oh yeah." You whispered as you grabbed the stack and walked into the kitchen, setting them inside the pantry. After finishing, you walked out of the kitchen, passed the table and into the living room. You sat on the couch, watching the flames of the fire dance and listening to the soft music you had playing. Without even thinking you laid down on the couch, your eyes were heavy as you closed them.

Time skip

You must have fallen asleep because when your eyes fluttered open, your head was now in Louis' lap and his hand was stroking your hair.

"Wh-what time is it." You grumbled, balancing yourself to sit up. Louis lifted up his wrist to check his watch.

"8:20." He answered, looking towards you.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" You complained.

"Because, I know you're tired." He explained.

"I- thank you." You smiled, leaning over to give him a kiss on the lips.

"Anything for you." He smiled.

"How was your day?" You asked, standing up.

"Not bad, just wish I don't have so many meetings." He groaned, as he stood up following you. You both were now standing near the fire, you looked up towards him as he gave a light smile.

"Dance with me." You mumbled, as you heard your music still playing.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Dance with me." You repeated, as you took your left arm and placed it behind him on his back, your right hand grabbing his left extending slightly away from your bodies. He took his right arm and wrapped it around your waist. You lay your head onto his chest as you pulls you closer. The two of you begin to slowly sway to the music.

You both danced in comfortable silence for awhile before you lifted your head back up to look at him.

"You are so beautiful." Louis complimented you. You smiled in response, you stood on your toes and you reached up to kiss him.

"I love you Louis."

"I love you, forever and always." He answered you.

"How did we come up with that?" You asked, smiling. Your dancing continued as you began to actually move about the room.

"Come up with what?" He asked.

"The 'forever and always' thing." You smiled.

"I'm not really sure. Maybe, just because it's true?" He replied.

"That's true. And it will always be true." You added. At the moment, Louis dropped his grip and spun you around lightly then brought you back.

"I never asked, how was your day." He asked you.

"The usual, busy at work. Then come home and try to do house work. I was talking to myself, I think that's how tired I was." You laughed, Louis laughed in response.

"Why don't you go get some sleep then?" He asked you.

"Because, these moments. I want these to last forever." You said placing your head back onto his chest.

"I love you y/n. Forever and always." He  whispered.