School

If there's one word that causes a butt load of stress, it's 'school'. But there's also a phrase that causes more stress, 'college applications'. Luckily for Y/N that was already over.

Y/N was sitting on her bed in her dorm room, honestly looking like a wreck. Hair up in a mess along with her glasses on. Laptop open, papers scattered around the bed. She knew that being a nurse was going to take a lot of working and studying but, never this much. Only a semester in, she was already questioning her sanity. She barely had time for anyone, anything and really even herself. There were so many times where she felt alone, tired and burned out.

Of course, Louis knew this. But, whenever Y/N got upset or frustrated. She avoided talking about it, never talked to anyone. And if someone were to bring something up about it, she'd get defensive and rude, not meaning to. So, she just suffered alone. Today was one of the days where she wanted to just cry, holding it in for several day she convinced herself that she was strong.

She felt her phone vibrate on the bed next to her, it was Louis.

"Hey." She answered plainly.

"Hey gorgeous, whatcha up to?" He asked rather enthusiastically.

"Homework. The usual." She scoffed.

"Need a break? Maybe we can go to dinner? Nothing fancy." He replied.

"I don't have time. Sorry." She answered, beginning to type again on her computer.

"Y/N. Everyone is really worried about you. I'm worried about you. You're not you, can you just.."

"I can do this. I don't know why you guys think I can't. I'm perfectly fine!" She snapped and interrupted him.

"I never said you can't do this. I just said that, maybe you just need a break?" He said in a calming manner.

"Listen, I've got to go. Talk later." She said, then hung up, tossing her phone back to the side. She sat for a few more minutes, staring at her screen. Before something struck her.

"Did I actually just do that.." she thought out loud. She picked up her phone again and dialed Louis. After it rang for a few seconds, it went to voicemail.

"No, no, no, no..." She said panicky. As she dialed again, the same thing happened. She let it go to voicemail and left him a message.

"Louis, I am so so sorry! I didn't mean to be like that.. I'm just.. just.. just, please call me back. I love you." She then hung up the phone. She bit her lip as she moved her papers over to slip off her bed. She was doing some light pacing around her room, waiting for him to call back.

She was just about to hop back on her bed, when there was a light knock at the door. She ran up to it without even seeing who it was, she rushed up to it throwing it open.

"Louis..." she breathed out, as he walked in.

"I figured you were hungry, so I just brought dinner here." He smiled, as he always does. He set the bags on the table near the door.

"I-I'm so sorry, Louis.." she trembled.

"I know." He whispered. Y/N, strongly wrapped her arms around him. Actually knocking them both to floor as Y/N burst into tears. He knew this was going to happen. She builds up everything inside, and when she lets it out.. well, like this. There were no words exchanged for a few minutes as Y/N wept into Louis' arms. There was no need for words at that moment.

"I-I can't do this.." she breathed out, Louis sighed.

"Yes, you can. We just need to find a better way to manage." He spoke softly.

"I-I just want to.. to help p-people." Her staggered words continued.

"First, let's take a breath." He reassured her, as he lightly rubbed her back. She nodded her head as she took a few staggered breaths, then it returned to normal.

"I'm such a mess." She said, wiping her eyes. Blink lightly laughed.

"Let's get up." Louis said, as he stood up. He grabbed  her hands and assisted her off the floor. They exchanged a quick hug as they were both standing.

"What can I help you with?" He asked, gesturing to the papers all over the bed.

"Honestly, I don't even know. I'm calling it quits for the day." Y/N stated.

"See?! You're already doing better." He smiled, causing Y/N to smile slightly. She grabbed a folder from her backpack and set all of the papers into it. Grabbing her laptop as well she put both of them back into her bag.

"Now, how about that dinner?" She asked him, as Louis was already grabbing food out of the bag.