Prequel

This is a prequel to a collab I am going to be doing (at some point) with -welcometonewyork-. Yeah, don't know when we are going to start but I wanted to get this out already. SO yeah, hope you enjoy :)

It was pitch black when you arrived home. You had texted Blink, telling him that you probably wouldn't be home until about 4 A.M. so that he wouldn't stay up and wait for you to get home. They had added you to an extra shift at the hospital, this was the 5th time this month you'd been added to a 15 hour shift. Between the long and short shifts you've barely gotten to see Blink, well except for when you came to bed. And Clara, you barely saw her either.

You walked in the door, setting your keys on the counter. You glanced towards the clock above the stove. It read 3:42, close enough to 4. You noticed the T.V. was still on and began to walk towards the living room when you noticed a figure sitting on the couch. You saw the figures head turn towards you, a shiver went down your spin until you realized who it was.

"Louis! What are you doing up, I told you not to wait for me." You said in a sharp whisper, walking towards him.

"I wanted to see you." He said in a groggy voice, while standing up.

"You look so tired baby, you should be sleeping." You said reaching your hand up towards his cheek. He leaned his face into your touch, closing his eyes.

"You should be sleeping too. And plus, I wanted to see you." He said opening his eyes, you then pulled your hand away.

"You go up to bed, I'll be there in a bit." You said smiling slightly.

"I'm not going without you." He says grabbing your hand.

"I promised Clara I'd make her breakfast in the morning, and you guys leave at 7. Which means she'll get up at 6:30 which means I get not even two hours of sleep. I was just going to go to sleep after you guys left." You explained.

"Y/n, you're a nurse. Right?" Blink asked sarcastically.

"Yes? I mean, I would hope so." You respond laughing quietly.

"Then you should know, if you keep going like this. Y/n you've barely slept and from what I've seen you've barely eaten. If you keep going like this, you're going to get sick." He tried to explain.

"Louis, I appreciate how worried you are about me. I'm ok, I promise. I'll take a cat-nap on the couch until later." You tried to compromise with him.

"Y/n- it's too late to argue. I'm going up to bed, if you don't want to come fine. But I'm looking forward to that breakfast later." He said smiling before giving you a sweet kiss.

"Goodnight Louis." You responded.

Time skip

You has just finished making some pancakes for Clara and Louis when you started to make some coffee. You felt yourself dozing off while standing against the counter, you were awakened by hearing footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Mom!" Clara shouted running up to you.

"Hey Clara! I've missed you." You said cheerfully, trying not to sound as tired as you were. You set the plate of food on the table as Clara followed you. You sat down next to her as she started to eat. You started sipping your coffee when you heard Louis coming down the stairs.

"Good morning to both my girls." He said when he came into view.

"Good morning dad." Clara responded, you just smiled slightly.

"Come eat." You said pulling out the other chair next to you. He smiled and sat next to you. You had made just enough for the two of them to have two each (CAUSE THEY'RE NOT GOOD REHEATED BUT NOBODY LISTENS- anyways)

"You eating?" He asked you. You shook your head no, sipping your coffee some more. Blink sighs, starting to eat. You all sat in silence as the two continued to eat.

"Clara- why don't you go wait in the car and I'll be out in a second." Blink said as Clara then nodded. You heard her shut the door and that's when Blink opened his mouth.

"You need a vacation." He said out of the blue.

"We need a vacation." You corrected standing up, grabbing the two plates.

"Seriously, after you sleep and eat  then you should look up some spots we should go, as a family. Maybe even see of Alex, Ellie and Lola wanna come with us. Family vacation?" He added.

"That sounds good." You said as he came to hug you, then a quick peck on the lips.

"Get some rest today." He added starting to walk towards the door.

"Have a good day. I love you." You said as he opened the door.

"I love you too." He responded smiling.