Short Stories

Truth

Your mother had started to become very fond of Blink. She always asked about him. So you decided to surprise her by bringing Blink by after work. You had just locked up the shop when you turned to see Blink walking up to you.

"Hey gorgeous." He said wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Hello Louis. How was your day?" You questioned wrapping your arms around his neck.

"I sold all my papes, so that was good." He said smiling, then leaning in for a quick kiss. Then you both let go of each other.

"Thank you for agreeing to come, she's not been well recently." You say taking Blinks hand, starting to walk.

"Is she sick?" He questioned.

"No, just. She goes through these phases when she misses.. misses father." You said.

"I- I'm so sorry." He said as you were nearing the apartments.

"Well, hopefully you can cheer her up." You said with a smile. You unlocked the door and walked in.

"Mama! I have a surprise for you!" You shouted from the door.

"What, what is it?" Your mother said, coming into view. You saw her expression change as soon as she saw Blink.

"Oh my goodness! Blink, it's been a minute, how are you?!" She said embracing him in a hug.

"Hi Ms. l/n, I'm doing well and you?" He said to her after she let go of his grip.

"I haven't seen you in such a long time!" She said smiling.

"Oh, Y/n would you please go ahead to collect the laundry from the rooftop. I want to talk with Blink." She said sweetly.

"I- So- Of course mama." You laughed a bit as she 'pushed' you out of the way. You walked to your bedroom, put on an apron and grabbed a basket. You walked back in the kitchen to see your mother and Blink already in a conversation.

"I'll be back." You said, then walking out of the door.

Blink's POV

"This was him right here." She said pointing to the man next to her in a photograph.

"That was your husband?" I questioned.

"Yes. He was my best friend, my soulmate." She said, not looking away from the picture.

"Y/n thinks of you like that." She said out of the blue.

"Really?" I ask smiling.

"Mhm. You should've seen her before she met you. Never smiled, she would rarely go out of the house other than for work. Now she's been excited to wake up, excited to see you. And I thank you for being that for her." She said grabbing my hand.

"You're daughter is an incredible person. And I am so happy that I met her." I said smiling at her.

" She loves you very much Blink." She said

"And I love her." He replied. I heard the door opening and turned to see Y/n.

Your POV

"Ok, I think I got everything."you said walking in the door. You noticed both Blink and your mother staring at you.

"What? Is there something on my face?" You said setting the basket down.

"Nope, nothing at all." Blink said.

"What were you two up to?" You said walking towards the table.