It's Just Dancing

(1992 style)

Both you and Blink had been resting in your room for some time on a very hot summer afternoon, but you were beginning to get restless and bored. Not that you didn't want to spend some quality time with you boyfriend, but just you were bored.

"Can I teach you how to dance?" You perked up from laying down next to Blink.

"No." He stated with no emotion. You popped up from the bed and walked over to him pulling him up from the bed. He looked you dead in the eyes with no emotion.

"See, so you have to take this arm... and." You said as you grabbed his arm and wrapped it around your waist.

"And then.." Before you could finished he grabbed your hand and started to waltz around your room with you.

"I know how to dance y/n.." He said in an annoyed tone as you both came to a stop.

"Well I- just thought that-" You started, trying to intervene.

"I'm not stupid y/n. Everyone knows how to dance." He complained while removing his arms from around you.

"I didn't say that you were stupid." You mumbled after a few moments of silence. Blink had moved himself back towards the window

"Huh? If you've got something to say just speak up." Blink asked as he began to reach for the window.

"I just- I was trying to.. I-" You couldn't think of what to say.

"Look, I think I'm just gonna go." He said, opening up the window.

"No! I didn't mean to! I was just trying to do something..." You stopped yourself noticing he was not listening.

"A-are you coming back later?" You asked quietly. During the summer he typically came during mid afternoon then back for awhile in the later evening to escape the heat.

"No, probably not." He said as he began to climb out the window. You walked around your room towards the window, leaning on it as he was outside of it.

"O-ok. Bye, I love you." You replied, sadly.

"Bye." He responded as he began to climb down the fire escape. You shut the window and quickly shut the curtain.

"Did I really say anything that bad?!" You were fuming, starting to pace around your room.

"I just don't get it! I didn't- I just- I can't believe this." You kept mumbling angrily under your breath.

*** Time skip***

You were up on the roof taking down your laundry from drying. Still pretty confused as of why Blink had left earlier that day, you were being pretty hostile as you were practically throwing the laundry from the clothes line into the bin.

"Don't understand-" You said in an angry mumble, slamming one garment into basket.

"I was just trying to-" You started as you grabbed another article off of the line, but you were disrupted by..

"I hope you weren't pretending that skirt was me." You heard from behind you. It was almost dark out so you quickly turned around and threw the dress in your hand at the figure behind you.

"Don't do that! You scared me!" Swatting at Blink once you realized it was him.

"Sorry." He said plainly. You grabbed the dress from his arms, put it in your basket going back to doing taking down the clothes. Blink came and stood next to you, he began helping you remove the clothes pins from the line. After a few more minutes of silence and work all of the clothes were now in the basket.

"Thanks." You stated. Reaching for the basket about to go back inside.

"Wait." He reached after you and grabbed your hand.

"I-I'm sorry." Blink admitted.

"I wasn't trying to do nothing. I was tired and this heat is brutal and when you're out there all day all ya wanna do is.. nothing. I just didn't want ya to be upset if I said no. I do know how to dance. I can, and I will dance with you whenever you like." He explained to you.

"I just didn't understand what I had done. Then you left with no explanation and you had me worried." You told him.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just left. I should've told you. I'm really sorry Y/n." He said wrapping his arms around your tense body.

"It's ok." You relaxed into his touch. You both stood there for a moment embracing each other. Until Blink leaned up and readjusted your position to where you were now leaning against his chest. He began to sway back and forth. You both danced across the roof as he spun you occasionally which made you giggle. After a few minutes it your dance came to an end, the moon completely illuminated the sky the stars shining above you. You both sat down next to the clothing lines watching the stars

"Momma's gonna be worried, I-I should go back inside." You said after sitting for awhile. Blink stood up with you.

"Goodnight." You said as Blink grabbed your hands.

"Goodnight Y/n, I love you." Blink said, he then leaned down to press a kiss on your lips.

"I love you too." You said as your lips parted. He bent down to grab you your basket and handed it to you. You smiled and took the basket from him then you both parted ways. Smiling and blushing to yourself as you retreated to your apartment.