Imagines- Part 9

Long-days-Modern AU

You had a 12-hour shift at the hospital. The drive home was exhausting, you pulled in your driveway at 9:45. You yawned as you walked in the door, you saw Blink sitting on the couch watching TV. 

"Hey babe, how was your day?" Blink said quietly as you walked into the living room.

"I love my job." You said sighing then smiling.

"Good day?" He asked.

"A better one." You said.

"You gonna take a shower?" He questioned as he grabbed your hand.

"Yeah, you coming up?" You answered.

"I'll be up in a minute." He said kissing your knuckles then you walked away. You got up the stairs and went into your bedroom. You grabbed some clothes, then walked into the bathroom. You turned on the water, grabbed a towel then began to peel off your work clothes. As soon as you got into the shower you heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." You said, you saw Blink  through the filtered glass door of the shower walk in.

"How was your day Louis?" You asked him, beginning to wash your hair.

"It was pretty good. I got most of my papers graded ." He said.

"You sound grouchy." You say rinsing the soap out of your hair.

"Just busy day, that's all." He says. You close your eyes, just relaxing under the warm water. Well, that is until you felt cold air. You opened your eyes seeing Blink walk in.

"I miss you all day." You say wrapping your arms around his neck.

"I miss you too." He says starting to kiss you slowly.

Time skip

You had just finished changing into some comfy clothes, when you walked back into your bedroom.

"Do you know why I like being a nurse?" You said sitting at the foot of your bed next to Blink, he was running a towel through his wet hair.

"Why is that dear?" He asked wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"I love helping deliver babies." You said.

"How many today?" Blink asked.

"Four, well three really." You said.

"What do you mean?" He asked again.

"Three were healthy, one survived delivery but coded in the NICU." You answered standing up, walking towards your side of the bed.

"I-I'm so sorry y/n." He answered looking back to you.

"No, Blink. I get to help comfort them, because I can relate." You said, getting under the blankets.

"Do you ever cry? After you know, they pass?" He asks standing up now, then walking to his side.

"Of course I do. A lot less now though. I remember the first time I lost one, I practically ran out of the room. I collapsed in the hallway, I starting having a panic attack." You said.

"I remember that day. I don't know how you're so strong" He said pulling you towards him so that now you two were face to face. 

"But, I've learned to cope and its because I have an amazing husband and one beautiful and healthy daughter." You say, then begin to yawn.

"I love you Y/n." He said kissing you.

"Forever and always, Blink." You respond.

OK, but this on was really cute