Sick-One Shot

Modern Au

You, Blink and Clara were all sitting in the living room. Clara, who had just turned 10 about 6 months ago was watching t.v. as you and Blink were just sitting on the couch.

"Mommy?" Clara questioned. You shifted your eyes from the t.v. to her.

"Yes dear?" You answered.

"Is it ok if I go to bed early? I'm not feeling that great." She said.

"Of course sweetheart, you don't have to ask!" You said smiling.

"Let us know if you need anything." Blink added. Clara nodded as she stood up.

"Goodnight." She said coming to give you both a hug. You heard Clara walk up the stairs as Blink went to grab the t.v. remote.

"I get the turn this off finally." He said laughing.

"She's a child Louis, it's ok." You said as he sat back down.

"But now, we get to watch something," He said turning it to 'The Blacklist' (Don't watch that show if you're under the age of 15. Just as a PSA) You turned to read the clock, 8:30. You didn't have to be at work until noon the next day so you decided you could stay up for awhile.

Time skip

You and Blink had watched about 2 episodes, turning back to look at the clock, it read 10:00.

"Alright Louis, I think I'm gonna head up to bed." You said before giving him a kiss.

"I won't be too far behind you." He said.

"Don't go on without me." You said starting to walk away.

"Then what am I supposed to watch?" He complied

"The back of your eye-lids." You said walking up the stairs. You walked down the hall to Clara's room, you slightly opened the door. You saw her sleeping, she was thrashing around a bit but you weren't too worried. You left the door open as you started to walk back down the hallway to your bedroom, you saw Blink at the top of the stairs.

"After you my dear." He said gesturing his hand.

"Yeah, yeah." You said sarcastically as you kept walking. You both walked into your bedroom. You were about to shut the door, when you felt just an instinct come over you. You left it open as you climbed into bed.

"Door." He muttered climbing in next to you.

"No, I think I'm gonna leaving it open." You said, pulling the covers over you. Blink pulled you towards him.

"Goodnight y/n." He said whispering in your ear.

"Goodnight Louis." You said starting to drift to sleep.

Time skip

You started thrashing around in the night, that instinct feeling came back.

"Mommy!" You thought you heard. You flipped onto your back trying to fall back asleep.

"Mommy!" You heard again. You started to shake your self awake.

"Mommy!" You heard another time. You sat up, propping yourself up on your elbows.

"Mommy!" You heard again, you shook Blink awake.

"Wha-at It's too early." He said, you looked at the clock 3:43.

"Mommy!" You heard once more.

"Louis! It's Clara. You finally realized. You scrambled up out of bed, you ran down the hall to Clara's room.

"Mommy!" She shrieked.

"Baby, I'm here, I'm here. What's the matter." You said taking her into your arms.

"It hurts.." She groaned, starting to thrash around.

"What hurts sweetheart, talk to us." Blink said sitting down at the foot of her bed.

"Oh my god, Louis. She's burning up!" You say feeling her forehead.

"Grab me the thermometer from the bathroom." You say with an urgency in your voice. You saw as he quickly got up and left the room.

"Mommy.." She groaned again.

"I know, I know. I need to take off your blanket, its just going to make this worse." You said taking off of her.

"But I'm cold.." She said. You looked up to her forehead, seeing it glistened with sweat, her hair starting to stick to it.

"Here ya go." You heard, Blink put a hand on your shoulder. You turned and grabbed the thermometer from his hand. You put the piece in her her ear until you heard the sound, signaling it was done. You pulled it out and looked at the screen.

"103." You muttered.

"What?" He said.

"103 Louis! We need to get this down. Now!" You said

"What can we do?" He said turning to you.

"Get some ice water from the fridge and get some ibuprofen ." You said. He nodded as he went downstairs.

"Sweetheart, I'll be right back. I promise." You said, she nodded as you ran out of the room. You ran into her bathroom, grabbing a washcloth. You ran it under the sink with cold water. You wrung it out as you ran back to her room. You pushed her hair back from her forehead putting the towel on her.

" I'm back." He said practically running back to you. You took the glass of water from him.

"Clara, sweetheart. I need you to sit up." You said taking the cloth off of her head. She was struggling you noticed, and clearly Blink did too. Blink came around the opposite side of you he helped her sit up, supporting her back up. She took the glass from your hand, and took a few sips, then stopping. Blink looked to you then back to her.

"Clara, we need you to drink some more." Blink said. She shook her head no.

"I promise it'll make you feel better. And I need you to take these." You said grabbing two small pills from the bottle. She grabbed the cup back and took the meds from your hands. She took them then drank some more.

"I'll be back, she can lay back down." You said as you grabbed the cloth and walked back into the bathroom. Putting more cold water onto the cloth. You walked back into the room, seeing Blink laying next to Clara, stroking her hair.

"See, I told you. She was coming right back." He said as Clara looked up at you. You could see that she was clearly crying now.

"Aww, shhh baby. It's ok." You said kneeling back down next to her bed. Blink was on the other side of her, but you could see him watching you. You put the cloth back onto her forehead, as you took her hand in yours. You sat there for a minute before you reached for the thermometer on the floor. You put it back into her ear. You pulled it back out, looking at the screen once more.

"101." You said sighing a bit.

"It's going down, that's good." Blink said.

"Yes, that is very good." Smiling a bit as you saw Clara close her eyes.

"I'll sleep here on the floor, in case she needs anything." You said. Starting to lay down.

"No,no. You go sleep, I got this." He said leaning over Clara to kiss you.

"I love you Louis." You said starting to get up.

"Forever and always my dear." He said as you walked out.