It's- not a boy

You and Blink were fast asleep when you both shot awake at the sound of pounding at your door.

"What the hell?.." You mumbled, still trying to figure out what was going on. Blink got out of bed, throwing on his shirt and out of your room, presumably towards the door.

"Mommy, what's going on?" Clara (she's 4) asked as she padded into your room. She yawned as you picked her up and sat her on your bed with you.

"I'm not sure." You said hugging her. You heard the door open, then you could make out two voices talking. The door shut, and then eventually Blink walked back in the room.

"We've gotta go." Blink stated.

"Louis. It's the middle of the night, what's going on?" You questioned, rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

"It's Ellie." Blink said.

"What about her?" You questioned.

"She's in labor." You heard another voice call from the hall. You covered yourself with the blankets on your bed. (Not that you weren't dressed, just- it startled you.) Blink laughed at your reaction.

"What are we gonna do about her?" You asked, gesturing to Clara who was sitting on Blinks side of the bed.

"Alex and I are going to stay outside. She can just come with us." Blink explained.

"Let me get changed real quick." You mumbled, starting to get out of bed. Blink picked up Clara from the bed, you heard her giggle as Blink had shut the door.

You quickly changed out of your nightgown into a plain dressed. You then tossed your hair into a braid, you were walking towards the door when you stopped in front of the mirror.

'Could've waited until morning, could ya?' You thought. The opened the door.

"I didn't know where else to go." Bumlets said as you walked out. He sounded a bit panicked.

"I'm assuming she has a midwife with her?" Blink asked.

"You think I just left her there alone?!" Bumlets questioned.

"No, just.."Blink started.

"Ok- let's just get going." You interjected.

"Mommy, where are we going?" Clara asked you, she was holding on to Blink, on his hip.

"You, me and Uncle Bumlets are gonna..hang out." Blink said to her as he locked the apartment door behind them. Clara turned to look at Bumlets, and reached her arms on to him. She made a grabbing motion with her hands out to him. Bumlets reached over and grabbed Clara, setting her on his hip how Blink had her.

Time skip

The four of you had made your way over to Ellie and Bumlets' apartment complex. You looked over to see Clara almost asleep in Bumlets' arms.

"Looks like you two have got things handled..." You gestured towards Clara. "I think I'll head up." You smile.

"Should I go-?" Bumlets asked, hesitantly.

"I- wouldn't." You answered.

"But I will come down, once we're done. It could be awhile." You finished, Bumlets nodded his head quickly.

"She'll be alright." Blink said towards Bumlets as you began to walk into the building.

You walked up the stairs, and down the hall to their apartment. You could already hear cries of pain, you walked into the apartment.

"I HATE THAT MAN!!" You heard Ellie scream as you walked in, you somewhat rolled your eyes and trying to hold in a laugh.

Meanwhile

Blink and Bumlets were both sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, Clara was now asleep in Bumlets lap but still holding onto him.

"You seem nervous." Blink broke the silence.

"Of course I am! I mean- you always hear about what could go wrong. We could lose the baby, I-I could lose her. You can't raise a child without his mother. I mean, look at how we turned out." Bumlets rambled.

"It's a boy?" Blink asked, completely ignoring his last sentence. Blink thought he turned out pretty damn well considering his past.

"What? Oh- no. We both think it's a boy, and I mean. I want a boy." Bumlets smiled.

"I wanted a boy. But, we got that beautiful girl. Man- there ain't nothing like it." Blink smiled as he looked at Clara.

Time skip

"How do you think it's going up there?" Bumlets asked. At this point the sun was starting to come up.

"Let's assume that no news, is good news." Blink answered. As if on cue, Y/n walked out of the building and down the stairs. Bumlets gave Clara to Blink and then he quickly jumped up.

"How is she?" He basically ran to meet Y/n.

"You have a perfectly healthy baby and a strong wife." Y/n commented as Blink walked up to join them.

"Thank you!" He called as he basically ran past you into the building.

"It's a girl right?" Blink asked, as Y/n turns her head back towards him.

"Oh yeah." Y/n smiled, taking Blinks hand as they turned to walk home.

"Do you think I turned out well?" Blink asked Y/n after the two of them had been walking for a bit.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Considering, how I grew up. What I've been through. Do you think I turned out well?" He asked, again.

"Louis. Look at that beautiful girl." Y/n gestured towards Clara.

"Look at the life we have. I'd say you turned out pretty damn well." Y/n stopped in her tracks to give Blink a kiss.

As for the rest of the walk home, Blink never stopped smiling.