t h e b u r r o w

I look forward to see if anyone is standing in front of me, but to my surprise, there isn't.

The Burrow looks just the same already from where I'm standing, the kitchen sink flooded with dishes being washed on their own and blankets strewn over chairs and such. I smile and feel immediately at home in the cozy cottage-like house, my heart warming at the pleasantly familiar sights around me.

I take a step out of the fireplace with confusion, waiting to see if anyone will come in. I'm only standing there for a moment, continuing to brush myself off when I suddenly hear the front door burst open.

Before I can even look up, someone has crashed into me in a giant hug, almost pushing me over. "Eloise!"

Her arms squeeze tightly around my back as I laugh into her curly hair. "Hey, Hermione. Missed you too."

She pulls away and is grinning from ear to ear. "Oh, how wonderful it is to have you back with us. I couldn't stand another moment alone with these dimwits."

I giggle and peer over her shoulder to see Ron and Harry standing in the kitchen, grinning widely. I quickly walk over to them and wrap them both in a hug as they chuckle. "Good to see you tossers... hey, where's Molly?"

"Is that Eloise I hear?" my second mother's chipper voice rings out from another room, and I see her turn the corner with a bright smile. "Oh darling, how lovely to see you!"

I smile and walk over to Molly, giving her a warm hug. Her arms squeeze me tight and I smile into the embrace, feeling that same flood of comfort wash over me that always does when I recieve a hug from Molly Weasley.

She steps back and puts her hands on my shoulders. "My, you're growing!"

"I don't know, mum, I'd say she's still got a few feet to go."

George is leaning against the wall, grinning and twirling his wand between his fingers.

I smile and approach him before he greets me with a hug and a pat on the back. "Good to see you, Georgie. Last year, huh?"

He lets out a breath and shrugs. "Seems to be that way."

I smile and nudge his shoulder. "Maybe hold back on the troublemaking for me?"

"Can't make any promises, Baker. It's our final year, we gotta leave with a bang."

I pull away, grinning, and hear someone thumping down the stairs.

Turning my head, my eyes catch another tall redhead wearing a baggy quidditch jersey stroll into the room while looking down and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Okay, if I smell like I drowned myself in a bath of flowers, it's only 'cause I got curious and tried Ginny's perfume and it turns out it was far too pungent-"

He looks up and immediately stops talking when his eyes lock with mine. A wide smile appears on his face along with a laugh of delight.

"Elle!"

I feel a flip in my stomach as he says my name. Damnit, not this again...

"For the record, I think that rose-scented-Freddie would be rather pleasant," I tease.

"Oh, shut up and hug me already!"

I laugh and walk forward, him meeting me halfway before he grabs me in a close embrace. I feel my heartbeat pick up just a bit at his touch, the side of my face against his firm chest, and his arms wrapped around me tightly before we slip out from the hug.

He pulls away and scruffs my hair a bit. I laugh and as he crosses his arms and leans against the wall next to his twin, asking, "you ready for your sixth year, Baker?"