f i v e y e a r s l a t e r.

Five Years Later ~ November 14th ~ 8:52 am.

"Eloise, darling, you're going to be late!"

I hear Fred's voice call from the kitchen as I'm hastily fixing my hair in the mirror, dressed in my work clothes as I only have minutes to apparate.

"Coming!"

I grab my purse and scurry out of the bedroom, hurrying into the kitchen where Fred is standing there holding a plate of toast.

"How do I look?" I ask quickly, smoothing out my dress hurriedly.

"Beautiful, as always," he says softly, leaning in to peck my lips with a kiss as I smile. "Happy Anniversary, my love."

"You as well, Freddie," I giggle, grabbing the piece of toast. "It feels a bit funny how we're celebrating six years ago when you kissed me on a couch at school..."

"Yeah? So what? That took guts," he says, and I laugh.

"Well anyways... are you headed into work soon?" I ask in between bites of toast.

"Yeah, but I've got a couple hours..." he yawns, turning off the sink faucet and twisting to face me again. "Perhaps I'll rig up some fireworks around the house or something for when you get back... you know, to celebrate our love..."

"Sometimes I wonder if it was a mistake moving in with my boyfriend four years ago," I sigh. Fred snickers before walking up to me.

"You should get going," he says, glancing at his watch. "See you tonight?"

"See you tonight," I say with a grin, pressing a light kiss on his cheek before I turn on my heel and grab my wand from my purse. "I love you, Freddie."

"I love you too, Elle."

And with that, I apparate.

I feel my feet plant on the floor again and open my eyes, smiling at the sight of my office. I quickly set my bag down on my desk and flatten out my hair a bit before taking my wand, walking to the door, and swinging it open.

I step through and enter the room, positioning myself at the front before clearing my throat.

"Good morning, everyone."

"Good morning, Professor Baker!"

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm standing behind my desk, packing up my purse as the day winds to an end. I'm excited to get home to Fred after a long day, especially since it's our anniversary. I love my job, and quite frankly am glad that Slughorn retired the year after I graduated since I adore teaching potions, but it can be exhausting.

I'm slipping on my coat when I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in," I call, prompting the door to slowly creak open. I watch as none other than Minerva McGonagall pokes her head in. "Minerva, good evening!"

"Oh, good, you haven't left just yet..." she says, her hand still wrapped around the doorknob.

"I was just about to head out. Is there something you needed?" I ask with a friendly smile, slipping my purse over my shoulder.

"I- I wanted to say you might not want to leave just yet..." she replies slowly, "...I suggest you stick around for just a few minutes."

"What for?" I ask, my brow furrowing as I look at the woman.

She gulps, then answers, "I just think you should see something... it's in the Astronomy tower."

"The Astronomy tower?" I ask in a confused voice. "I was just up there yesterday... I'd be surprised if there was anything new."