h a z e m o r a

It's a cozy Thursday evening and I'm lying on my back upon my bed, staring at the ceiling while chatting on the phone with Fred. Final exams, which are split into two days, start on Monday, and I couldn't be more anxious.

"You have absolutely nothing to worry about, darling," Fred is saying into the phone. "You know you're going to do bloody brilliant."

"I can't help it..." I sigh, resting one hand behind my head, "it's just- so much is falling on these exam grades. I'm totally freaking out."

"I know you are, you tend to overthink," Fred chuckles. "I can tell you're really stressing this."

"I just wish I wasn't, because it's not helping me focus," I say, frowning. "I haven't been sleeping well, either, because of how anxious I am."

"I wish I could help take your mind off of things..." Fred sighs, "I can think of a couple ways to de-stress you, but alas-"

I giggle as I hear him snicker into the phone, closing my eyes and shaking my head at the dork. "Oh, Fred Weasley, always knowing the right thing to say..."

"That's me."

I laugh lightly, turning over onto my stomach on the bed. "At least it'll all be over by Wednesday. We just have to pull through until then, I guess."

"How's the group holding out?" Fred asks.

"They're crazy stressed, too. We all are," I reply. "We've been studying nonstop, which I'm glad that they're putting in the effort too, but it's causing us to all be so flustered that we barely get through the day."

"I'm sorry, love," Fred says sympathetically. "I wish there was something I could do."

"Don't worry about it..." I sigh, "...talking to you is already a treat. I miss you tons."

"I miss you, angel," he replies, making me smile. He hesitates for a moment before adding, "you know, I think there's something that might help you all out... de-stress, so to speak..."

"Yeah? What is it?" I ask curiously.

"Just... just keep your eyes out for the post this weekend," he says, making me suspicious.

"The post?" I ask, my brow furrowing.

"Perhaps you'll be receiving something."

I grin, intrigued as to what this dimwit is playing at. "Fred Weasley, what are you up to?"

"Simply just trying to help my lovely girlfriend out, of course," he answers innocently. "Anyways, I've got to get back to the shop... we're working a bit later tonight. Call you soon?"

I smile, still interested at what he was talking about but willing to let him go. "Of course, darling. Love you."

"Love you too."

Click.

---------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I'm sitting beside Harry in Charms as the class talks quietly around us. Usually, in other classes, all us students are talking loudly and joking around with each other before the lesson starts. But with Hawthorn, her cold stare on each and every face in the classroom leads us to talk in a rather low tone and keep our chatter to a minimum.

Hawthorn eventually walks to the front of the classroom with her hands clasped behind her back, staring at all of us cooly with a tight-lipped smile.