e n c h a n t i n g

~ Hi lovelies. Get ready for a long one...

~ sorry I post these little notes so much, btw. But this one is fun- in this chapter, there will be video links to both songs that are playing in both significant ballroom scenes, so you can feel like you're there! I even cued it up at the exact right moments in the scenes. Unfortunately, I've found that it can't play WITHIN the story while you read, so I suggest opening either Youtube or Spotify! Just letting you know, hope you enjoy <3

---------------

The following day, I can barely focus in class.

It's a lazy Wednesday in school, and my mind keeps persistently wandering to Saturday night as I make lousy attempts to pay attention to my Professors. Friday after school is the trip to Hogsmeade, when we all get our gowns and such, and I simply cannot wait.

I've heard the village has wonderful little boutiques which only leads me to daydreaming about gorgeous dresses and shoes instead of taking notes on correctly casting the Shield charm in D.A.D.A.

What does it matter, anyway? I keep thinking to myself. School's out in less than a month.

After classes finally end, I head up to the common room right away and clamber through the portrait hole. I immediately spot Fred, George, and Lee sprawled out on the couches, dropping my bag before heading over to the guys.

"Hi, boys," I sigh, settling onto the couch next to Fred. George is casually leaning back on his hands on the floor while Lee is seated criss-cross opposite of him. "Gimme the good news... how was the day?"

"Pretty pointless," George scoffs. "We're practically graduated, aren't we?"

"I can't believe that," I laugh. "Aren't you guys a little stunned?"

"Eh," Fred shrugs. "Guess it hasn't hit us, yet. As of right now, I just wanna get out of class."

I grin as I slouch into Fred's side, feeling him lazily sling an arm around my shoulders and smile.

"So, uh, George..." Lee starts, clearing his throat and fiddling with the carpet, "...you found a bird yet?"

George cocks an eyebrow at him.

"To go to the ball with, dimwit."

"Ohhh," George says. "A date. No, I haven't, actually."

Lee's eyes light up, very subtly, but enough to be noticeable.

"Oh... why- why not?"

George shrugs casually.

"Don't know," he yawns. "I'm just not... super committed to finding 'the perfect one', you know? Too much pressure to bring a random girl to these things. Feels like I'm obliged to take her home to meet the folks or something."

He laughs lightly, as does Fred, but I see Lee gulp and look down again.

He forces a chuckle while saying, "yeah, yeah... totally."

Silence hangs in the air for a moment before this time, George's eyes light up.

"Hey, why don't we go?"

My eyes have shifted to staring at George, and they're slowly brightening along with my smile as I dart my gaze between George and Lee as if I'm watching a Quidditch World Championship match.

George has an incredibly laid-back expression painted upon his features. Lee, on the other hand, does not.

His head has quickly turned to the redhead beside him, his ears turning pink as I lower my head, chewing my bottom lip excitedly.