s p i l l e d s e c r e t s

The day goes by slowly, my mind constantly getting distracted as teachers drone on and on.

As soon as the last class bell rings, I'm already up from my seat and headed towards the common room. I'm going so quickly that barely anyone is behind me in the corridors, classrooms opening doors by me and letting students file out. I nearly bump into Professor McGonagall and turn my head in time to see her stepping back a bit, her eyes wide at me.

"Ms. Baker, please, watch yourself!" she calls.

"Sorry!" I shout back, grinning.

I run up the staircases with a smile and position myself in front of the portrait hole.

"Pig snout," I say bluntly, and the Fat Lady looks down at me.

"My, we're back early today," she says, swinging open to let me through.

I step through the hole and walk into the common room, setting my book bag down. I scan the room, not seeing anyone here yet, but then my gaze falls on the tall redhead sitting on the couch. He's looking down, probably reading, and I smile.

I slowly walk towards the back of the couch and stand right behind him. Slipping my arms around his shoulders, I dip my face into the crook of his neck.

"Shouldn't have kissed me this morning, Freddie," I mumble against his skin, "Had me distracted all day."

I feel him turn his head towards me. "Sorry, love, but I don't recall snogging you."

I pull away and look up.

It's George. He's grinning. Oh shit.

I stumble backwards with my eyes gaping wide as he jumps from his seat laughing. He throws his book down on the couch and jabs a finger at me. "I knew it! I bloody knew it! I knew you and my brother were acting too suspicious at breakfast!"

I fall back in a chair and try to open my mouth to speak. "George, I... I..."

He lets out another laugh as he comes around the corner of the couch. "Oh man, what a way to find out, huh? Tell me, Eloise, which twin's neck smells better?"

"George..." I grumble into my hands. He continues like it's a stand-up comedy routine.

"I mean, I just didn't know you were interested in the package deal, but if you're on board then-"

"George!" I shout, chucking a throw pillow from the floor at him. He snickers and holds up his arms in defense.

"Alright, alright!" he wheezes.

I throw my hands on my face and groan. Why does everyone have to find out this early?

I sit up in my chair. "George, you speak of this to no one."

"Aw, come on, Baker, it was funny!"

"It was humiliating!"

A giggle escapes his lips as I throw my head back in agony.

"Listen, I won't say anything if you don't want me to," he says. "I'm just happy for you guys."

I look at him and a small smile is on his face. "Really?"

"What do you mean, 'really'? Of course I am! My brother hasn't shut up about you since our fifth y-" he suddenly stops and his eyes go wide. "Aha... N-never mind that. Better get to studying!"

I jump up from my seat as he turns quickly to go up the stairs. "George, what was that? What were you going to say?"

He starts quickly climbing the steps and calls back as I follow him to the doorway of the staircase: "Nothing! It doesn't matter! He'll... he'll kill me!"