u n d e r t h e s t a r s

The following morning I wake up rather early while Fred is still softly dozing at my side.

The sun has begun to stream in through the window, illuminating the twins' cozy bedroom and making me smile, excited for the day.

I quietly push off the blanket strewn across my legs and lean down to peck a very light kiss on Fred's temple. He very faintly stirs, making a small murmuring noise amidst his resting, and nuzzles more into the pillow. I smile and creep out of the bed, leaving him alone.

I stretch a bit as everything from last night floods into my head.

I cover my lips to stifle a giggle of disbelief; I can't believe it happened. I can't believe we did that. How we didn't get caught is beyond me.

I look back to Fred lying in bed, who looks so peaceful compared to hours ago in the dead of night.

I take a breath, then turn around and head towards the door.

As I step into the hallway, I notice it seems that no one else is awake yet, the house remaining silent around me.

I quietly creep around to the staircase and place light steps down the wood before reaching about the third step up from the first floor... and that's when I notice that I'm not the only one awake after all.

My eyes fall on George and Lee, who are standing in the kitchen and haven't become aware of my presence at all.

I feel myself grin as I look at the two of them.

George is leaning against the counter behind him as Lee stands close with one hand resting on the tall boy's chest, his other twirling a lock of George's scruffy red hair around his finger. George is grinning goofily at him, not daring to tear his eyes off of Lee's face for even a second.

The two boys are smiling, and Lee is mumbling something while looking at George's hair before George cups Lee's chin to move it, gently forcing the boy to look at him instead.

Then, while stilling smiling, George leans in and connects their lips, and Lee's hand weakly falls from the boy's hair to rest against his cheek.

I take two more steps down to reach the first floor, my feet silent below me as Lee and George gently kiss, oblivious to their lack of privacy.

I lean against the staircase railing and cross my arms, staring at them with a smirk.

"Mo-o-o-orning."

"Gah!"

The kiss breaks as fast as a finger snap with George's exclamation and jolting backwards against the counter while Lee has jerked away from him as well out of surprise.

I remain firm, standing there, with my arms crossed and a pleased glint in my eye.

George has his hands coiled around the counter's edge behind him as he darts his eyes between Lee and I, his cheeks glowing pink.

"Elle, uh, sh- uh..." he stammers, completely unknowing of what to say, "...you... we were... uh-"

"Didn't know I was getting breakfast and a show," I tease, strolling into the kitchen as the two of them keep their eyes glued on me.

I glance over to George again, who's staring at me with wide eyes... he clearly was not expecting my casual reaction due to his lack of awareness that I know about him and Lee already.

"You-? We just-? You're-?"

"Georgie, she- she knows," Lee cuts him off.

George flicks his eyes to Lee.