t h e t w i n s ' f a r e w e l l

I plop down at the breakfast table the following Sunday morning with a grin on my face, pointed directly at Lee, who's sitting alone and chewing on cereal.

"Good mo-o-o-orning," I sing.

"Mmph," he mumbles between bites.

I stare at him expectantly. He looks up, notices my expression, and furrows his brow. Gulping his bite of cereal, he speaks.

"...What?"

"Did he snog you?" I ask bluntly.

Lee drops his spoon in the bowl.

"Can you not?" he hisses.

I giggle. "Come on, tell me! Last night, in the common room, did he-?"

"No, he most certainly did not!"

"Well, why the hell not?" I throw my hands up.

"Because he doesn't fancy me, okay?" Lee huffs, returning to his cereal. "Drop it, Elle, it's no use."

"Give me a break, Lee," I scoff. "'Because two days ago, I said I'd go with you?' God, just make out already, will you?"

Lee steps on my foot under the table, but I only laugh.

"It's not happening," he mutters, shoving his spoon into his cereal. "Besides, there were a million girls all dolled up last night, I'm just his mate. There's no way in hell he'd choose me after seeing all of that."

"Yes, there is," I argue.

"No, there's not."

"Yes, there is!"

"How, Eloise? Tell me, enlighten me, how?" he drops his spoon and folds his hands on the table.

"Because of the way he laughs when he's with you," I say without missing a beat.

Lee's accusatory expression melts just slightly, but he points his eyes down and clears his throat, fiddling with his spoon and shaking his head.

"Whatever," he mumbles.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I grin.

Lee is soon saved by Hermione and Ginny clambering into the benches and bombarding me with questions.

"How was the music? Did they place fancy ball music?"

"I bet the dresses were gorgeous! Were they? Did anyone compliment yours?"

"Did you dance to every song? I bet you did, Fred's always been a dancer..."

I'm laughing as they excitedly spur on and on, my answers spilling out as quick as possible before they move on to the next question.

It's a beautiful day outside the giant Great Hall windows, the sun beaming down and reminding us that the first of June is only a couple days away.

The last Quidditch game of the year... the last Quidditch game Fred and George will ever play.

We spend our Sunday relaxing around the castle after the late night before, our group taking time outside on the grounds as we get excited about the last two weeks of school.

We discuss summer vacation, and Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny push for all of us to come to the Burrow the second week of break so "the fun can really start". We agree, whole-heartedly, and chat about possible activities. More excitement builds in my stomach.

Soon, the match day arrives. It's a lot of emotions when I wake up.

I wake up feeling jitters as I get dressed for class. It's a Wednesday and when I get to class, it's quite obvious that no one can keep their focus for even a second. It's the match to determine who wins the House Cup, how could the Professors expect us to?