m u f f l i a t o

~WARNING: This chapter contains sexual material.

~Happy reading :)

--------

That evening, I'm helping Molly set up the dinner table for the enormous feast she's prepared.

I carefully set down plates as I circle the table, lining up silverware neatly on the sides as well. Harry is helping me as he pours water in glasses, the two of us quietly talking. The rest of the household is scattered about the living room or kitchen, talking and laughing as it gradually grows darker outside.

"So, Harry," I say softly as Molly runs off to another room to grab something. "You and Ginny..."

"Shh!" he quickly hisses as his eyes dart to the living room, and I grin. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Harry, I think you need to make a move," I say, brushing the edge of the tablecloth with my hand. "It's clear you two like each other."

Harry sighs and turns slightly pink. "But what if she doesn't?"

"She does."

I catch the corners of his mouth turning up as he pours water slowly into the last glass. "I don't even know how, Elle. What do I do?"

"Anything you do will be great, Harry," I assure him. "Just get a moment alone with her, and everything will go how it's supposed to."

He nods before slipping into one of the seats at the table.

"Just look at Fred and I," I motion to the living room. "I had no idea he wanted to be with me... but when he finally made a move, it was perfect. That's how it'll go for you. Trust me."

I flash Harry a quick smile just as Fred, George, Ginny, and Ron walk into the kitchen.

"Everything looks great, Elle," Fred says as he scans the table. He places an affectionate hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks, Freddie," I reply. "This meal's gonna be delicious."

"Sure smells like it," I hear Hermione say, and look over.

She's come around the corner and into the kitchen with a soft smile as she looks at the table herself. I can see she's cleaned herself up; her hair is neatly brushed, locks of wavy brown falling just past her shoulders. She's also put on just a tad bit of makeup, enough to highlight her natural beauty.

I glance over to Ron, who's eyes are glued to Hermione and lips are slightly parted. Harry notices him too, and we exchange a subtle grin.

Soon Molly announces dinner is ready, and the entire household sits down at the long table, Fred slipping into a seat next to me. The table is filled with spiced roasted chicken, soup, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, and cooked vegetables. My eyes widen at all the food as Molly stands at the head of the table and encourages all of us to dig in.

We begin to jump into conversations, serving ourselves rapidly as we pass bowls and plates down to each other. I feel a growing sensation of warmth and comfort as I look around, everyone's faces smiling and lighting up the room as we happily eat and laugh into the evening.

Bill is sitting across from me, and he clears his throat before meeting my gaze. "So, Eloise. I hear you're on the Quidditch team this year."

"I am!" I reply after putting down my drink. "Chaser."

"That's a great position," Bill says, nodding. "I've never played, but I sure love the game."

"It's brilliant," I agree. The rest of the table eats quietly as Bill and I chat.