d r a w i n g n e a r e r

QUICK NOTE:

~  If you saw my announcement on my account, you already know this, but I just wanted to say it one more time... we're getting to the end of Isn't He Lovely...

~ If you liked this story a lot, please check out my other Fred book! This one is in THIRD PERSON, featuring a casted character, AND follows the PLOT of the books/movies! I hope you guys give it a chance.

~ Love you all. Happy reading.

------------------------------------------------------------

February comes to an end. March passes by. Then April... and now comes May.

Time seems to be picking up quite quickly, graduation creeping closer, the future drawing near.

With only about three weeks to go until N.E.W.T exams, every sixth and seventh year taking the difficult courses is a bit on edge yet still feeling more excited by the day for the end of the term. I just can't believe it... it's all happening so fast.

It's a beautiful Monday morning, the sun streaming in through the Great Hall windows and giving the room a cheerful glow as the start of May greets us. I'm sitting with Harry and Ron at the breakfast table, the three of us talking about D.A.D.A when Hermione comes strolling happily up to the bench and plops down with a bright smile next to Ron.

"What's got you so chipper for a Monday morning?" Ron asks Hermione as she pecks him on the cheek with a kiss.

"Well..." she sighs, setting down a textbook and folding her hands on the table cheerfully, "it is already May, after all, meaning graduation is getting closer... but mainly because I just remembered something else that's happening soon..."

"And what's that?" I mumble while absent-mindedly flipping through Harry's copy of The Daily Prophet.

"The ball, of course!"

I perk my head up to see Hermione grinning excitedly at me, her hands still tightly clasped on the table as Harry and Ron chuckle at her enthusiasm.

"I completely forgot about the ball!" I whisper, smiling.

"Yeah, that," Harry says casually. "I guess that'll be something."

Hermione darts her gaze to a rather unenthusiastic Ron and Harry, saying, "how are you two not excited about this? Come on, it's a ball!"

Ron grins, replying with a shrug, "alright, I suppose a night of waltzing with the prettiest girl in the world won't be half-bad..."

Hermione giggles as Ron slips an arm around her shoulder, the two of them sharing a smile. She turns back to me.

"I can't wait," I say. "It was brilliant last year... I'm a little disappointed that I won't have a date, but that's quite alright."

"You can come with us," Harry pipes up, looking to me with an encouraging smile. "As a group, you know... so you don't have to... come alone, or-"

"No, that's okay," I cut him off. "Ron and Hermione, you guys have a night to yourselves, and same with you, Harry, with Ginny... I'll dance with you, but I don't have to be your fifth wheel."

We all laugh lightly and continue to eat breakfast, my mood now brightened at the thought of the upcoming ball. I do wish Fred along with George and Lee were here to join us, but it should still be quite fun.

----------------------------------------------------------

Later that day, I'm headed to N.E.W.T Defense, gripping my textbook to my chest and walking alongside Blaise as we laugh about a hilarious prediction Professor Trelawney made earlier today.