# 9 3, d i a g o n a l l e y

Fred's told me that the reason Harry and Hermione are at the Burrow right now is that he and George asked them to help fix up the shop with them. Fred invites me too, and I of course say yes... apparently, the twins have a lot of work to do at the new spot with cleaning, painting, and fixing things up. I can't wait to help out.

That night, after feeling incredibly relieved that my boyfriend isn't going to dump me after that fiasco with Draco, I head back home to pack my things and tell Mum the news about the shop. 

I have dinner and go to bed feeling excited, even waking up the following morning with a smile. It is the twins' dream coming true, after all. Big stuff.

After breakfast, I say goodbye to Mum and she wishes us luck before I vanish into the fireplace's green flames.

I open my eyes to see the twins standing in the kitchen and George looks up at the sight of my arrival.

"Hey!" He greets me with a bright smile. "There she is."

"Hey, Georgie," I reply. "Didn't see you yesterday... congrats, bud!"

He grins, nodding. "Thanks, Elle. We're pretty excited."

"It's gonna be wicked," I grin.

I step into the kitchen and set down my trunk before Fred approaches me with a warm smile. He wraps his arms around my waist and I hug him back before pulling away and pecking a kiss on his lips.

"Ready to get to work, Baker?" he smirks.

"Oh, I was born ready," I reply. 

He chuckles and slips out of my arms, looking back at his brother.

"Should we get going soon?" he asks, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I suppose so..." George responds, glancing at his watch. "Let's go get everyone grouped up."

"Is Lee here already?" I ask. "Freddie told me he was coming to help out, too."

George fights a smile and shakes his head. "Not yet, but he should be here soon."

We talk for a while after that, all the way until Lee does arrive, about ten minutes later with a short-sleeve button-down that's fitting against his chest and thus earns a lingering stare from George while the newcomer is greeting everyone.

The twins call up the stairs simultaneously to get everyone on the main floor after Lee's arrival. They come thumping down, all dressed, shoes on and everything. 

Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and I stand in a line before the twins as the two of them cross their arms and look at us. It almost makes me laugh; it's as if we're their employees waiting for a commanding speech.

"Alright, we've got a big day ahead of us," Fred announces. "This place needs a lot of work, but it's sure got potential."

"That makes it sound as if you bought a rickety shack on a hill," Harry says.

"Trust me," Fred assures him while I snort at the comment, "it's a great place. Just needs... touchups."

"That's why we need to put in a whole lot of effort," George adds. "We're gonna be painting, and just generally cleaning up... we've already got the tools and everything we need there, ready to go."

"Question," Lee cuts in, looking at George firmly. "Will you be wearing a shirt while doing this physically demanding labor?"

"Yes, Lee, I'm going to be wearing a shirt."

"Oh, I'm afraid I have something going on today..." Lee sighs, "I wish I could help out, but something's come up..."

"You're nauseating," Ron groans.