Chapter 1

I only had one thing going through my mind as I watched my dad's limp body hit the wooden floor. Run. I looked to my left and witnessed my mum break down. As she cried a man stood over her, aiming a gun at her head. I tryed to warn her but no sound came out my dry mouth.

BANG!

For a minute my mum looked at me with tears in her eyes as she whispered something, "This is because of your..." with that said her lifeless body collapsed beneath her.

The world went silent. My parents just died. What is going on? I need to leave. Get up. Run. Why won't my legs move?

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands go around my neck. They started to get tighter. I was running out of air. My hands began to grab at the arms, desperately trying to breath. As I struggled the grip only got tighter.

I was losing consciousness. It was no good, I stopped struggling and gave up. Not long after, I felt darkness take over my body. Honestly, I welcomed it, my life could not get any worse. Or thats what I thought?

As my head hit the ground I remembered something.

*Flashback*

*30 mins earlier*

My heart was racing and my breathing was heavy. My body ached and my feet hurt. I could not go on, as I layed down on the cold floor something blocked the light. With a moan, I opened my eyes and came face to face with my best friends, Lisa and Bambam. I smiled as they sat me up and gave me something.

"Here, drink this?" Bambam said handing me a bottle of water.

"Thanks. I'm so tried. That practice was so hard." I replied, downing the water.

"We have our dance competition next week so we need to train harder. You better get used to this because we need to train this hard to do well." Lisa added, scrolling through her phone.

"Uuugh. I'm too tired to even think." I moaned. We had just been dancing for 2 hours and my body ached.

"Oh my god, Look." Lisa showed us her phone, "There has been a murder in our neighbourhood. It was because of a mafia gang. They say they are targeting someone. They have broken into people's houses but have taken nothing. It is like they are searching for someone."

Just as she finished her sentence, our dance teacher came in telling us that we need to go home because it is not safe.

We all got up to leave, when I got a phone call from my dad. I answered it but there was no answer. All I could hear was some muffled screaming. It was my parents. I hung up the phone, said goodbye to my friends and left quickly.

Something was not right. Why was my parents screaming?  Who called me because that was not my dad or mum. I ran home as quick as I could.

If only I had know what would happen next, I would have never left the safety of my friends.