chapter 22

WHAT?! 

NO, NO, NO...

IT CAN'T BE TRUE!

"This is because of your........brother" that was what my mum was trying to say before she died. It's all his fault. They are dead because of him. 

I quickly stood up and staggered away from him. NO.  Mark stood up and walked towards me with a worried expression on his face. "Stay away from me!" I kept walking backwards with my arms wrapped around me. 

"Y/N, please. What is wrong? I understand it is a shock and I should not have kept it is a secret from you but please understand I wanted to tell you but the time was not right. Do you still have the bracelet?" He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a bracelet that looks like mine. 

Tears began to fall down my face and I did not try to stop them. "It's all your fault. I could have lived a normal life. If it was not for you I would have never been kidnapped. I would not have lost my friends, my life and most importantly my parents!" I yelled not caring who heard. I could not hold in my emotions anymore and I let them explode out of me. 

This time Mark staggered back, "What? Our parents are dead, what happened?"

"YOU happened. Ateez was after you and when they did not find you they killed MY parents and took me. YOU joined a gang and they used us to try and get to you but of course you would not care about them. You did not even come to look for me in those years you were gone, you did not even see my parents before they died. Now it's too late."  I was so annoyed my hands began to shake. I did everything I could to stop them but I was beyond the point of no return.

Mark looked so hurt but I did not care. He should feel sad, it is his fault. Mark wiped his eyes before replying," I am so sorry, I really am. I thought leaving you would be safer for you and our parents but I was wrong and I will now forever regret it. I am so sorry I did not know you were suffering until it was to late. I promise I will never let you feel that pain again. I know my words will not bring our parents back nor will they make what you feel inside better but please know I mean every word."

I have heard enough I turned around and walked off pushing  past Taeyong who was standing at the door. 

                                                                                  ~~~Taeyong pov~~~

I watched the whole thing unfold and could do nothing to stop it.  When Y/N walked past me I went straight to Mark to see how he was coping but he did not want to talk and said he needed some fresh air. I knew this was his way of saying he was leaving and he did not know when he was going to come back. Mark has always done this when he was upset and I knew it was best to leave him alone. He will  come back when he is ready to talk but right now I need to try and clear up this mess before it gets worse. 

Finding Y/N was not hard as I knew where she would be. I did not bother knocking on the door she would only tell me to go away, so I slowly opened the door and poked my head in. To my surprise she was standing by the window looking aimlessly out of it. I did not know if I should hug her or if it would make it worse. So instead I walked over to her and lent on the window sill. Once I got closer I could see how red and puffy her eyes were. I wish I could take all her tears and replace them with smiles but I know that was not possible so instead I began to explain what Mark had told me a while ago about his sister.   "Before I found him, he told me he  used to live with his family. His life was peaceful until he ran into some trouble with a gang. After some time they sent men out to his house and well you know what happened. He left because he did not want you or your parents to get hurt but it did not turn out as well as he hoped. He wanted to tell you but he was afraid."

Y/n looked up at me as tears began to fall as she said, " I'm sorry, I did not mean to react like this. I was just angry and confused as well as a little hurt. To be honest a lot was going through my mind but I know it does not make up for my actions. I would like to see Mark and tell him that."

I pulled Y/n closer to me as I wrapped my arms around her. I could feel her relax and take a deep breath in and out. I placed a soft kiss on the top of get head as she buried her face in my shoulder. We stayed there for a while before I left her to freshen up.

I needed to attend a meeting with the other gang leader we are alied with. I would not be long so I thought it would be okay to leave her in the care of the others but if I had known who would be arriving once I was gone I would never had left her side...