Chapter 25

No, it can't be. Why? It does not make sense. 

 I need to get a hold of myself. I am better than this, I have survived them before I can do it again. However this time I will do it on my own. I take a deep breath in and out, steadying my shaky body. Once my body stopped reacting I reached for Yeosang's hand again and he pulled me up, positioning himself between me and them.

"Long time no see, little doll." A voice that haunts my dreams said, making shivers down my spine.  I look ahead to see San standing with the rest of Ateez. He is smiling at me, " I have missed our fun games together." 

"Well, I have not," I replied as coldly as I could. I slightly moved over so I was not hiding behind Yeosang because as much as he looked like he was helping me I didn't completely trust his intentions. Why had the others not come to help me? Did they not hear the bang? I allowed myself to look around and to my horror, they were all engaging in fights.

"Looks like she gained her voice being with NCT. Shame it is all going to come crumbling down in front of you." Seonghwa said with enjoyment. This whole situation is off. I don't like how this is looking for us. 

"Move out of the way Yeosang and we will forget about this situation you have put yourself in," Yunho exclaimed and the others nodded in agreement.

"Come now Y/N, this could be all over if you come with us," San said. I would never go back. I would rather die than have to leave here. Life was finally going well for me. I was finally happy.

I quickly glanced around at my surroundings and noticed a knife a little distance away from me. It must have been dropped during one of the fights. This could be my opportunity to show off my training or it could be a chance to look like a fool while dying. Either way, it was the best chance I had.

I quickly darted towards the knife but as I did Ateez also made a move. Some went to Yeosang and began cornering him. I could see he had a set of daggers that he was welding effortlessly however there were too many of them and the odds were not looking in his favour.

As for me, I was able to make it to the knife however as soon as I picked it up, I felt a crushing weight on top of me. It sends me to the floor and knocks the knife back out of my hand. I look up and see San on me. I try my best to think of the time when San would pin me to the floor and see how many times I could avoid his fits. Either way, it would also end badly because if I was able to miss it he would hit me worse when he was finished.

This time was different I had training, I would love to say I was a little less scared but I was just as scared. This time though I have a reason to fight. I had to protect my newfound family or else it would be all taken.

Before I could think about what I was doing, I quickly moved my hand and wrapped it around the back of his leg, then using my thumb and finger I pinched the top of his thigh as hard as I could making sure I dug my nails in. It did not take long before he moved away allowing me to push him away and get to my feet. Luckily this time I was able to get the knife and keep it in my hands.

I will have to thank Haechan for this move. He uses it on the other members this helps me today. I angled the knife towards San, spacing my feet and slightly bending my knees.

San got up and ran his fingers through his hair, "So this is how it is going to be..."

I did not let him finish that sentence before I made my first move...