30

The prince turned to me with a confused look.
"I know you fancy me, but this is not the time for a confession." He yelled dodging a flying sword. It flew passed us with a swift movement. I could do nothing but roll my eyes. Did he not understand what I meant with it?
"Just do it, you fool." I screamed at him. The second I called him a fool he reached for my arm and pulled me to him. The heat coming from his mouth was confusing to me. I could not understand how someone so cold could have that kind of heat. I could feel everything. His hand moving from my arm to the back of my neck. The wind blowing around us. The heat coming from the fire around us. It was hard for me not to enjoy this for a while. I did not need to enjoy this. Right? There was a painful stab at the side of my arm. The sting of it wasn't bothering me until it started to burn. I pushed Viridian away from me. He had something else in mind. He pulled me back with an incredible strength. I knew I wasn't going to be stronger than him, so I did what I could. I bit down hard on his lip before pushing myself away from him again. My heart was beating in a strange speed. One I did not notice before. This wasn't like last time. Was this time different? I turned my back to the prince. The second I moved, my knees gave out. I fell on my knees beside him.
"What happened?" Viridian blurred out. I took my time to look up. The soldiers that were ready to fight us before, were gone. The ones I knew were laying on the floor. They were holding on to each other or to their swords. There wasn't much left to hold on to.
"What happened?" Prince Viridian asked again. I turned to him, but I could not focus on him. He looked much taller than before.
"You were attacked. That is what happened." I got up the most easy way I could. Leaning on the sword. The hands of Viridian found my arm. He wrapped my arm around his neck.
"We will talk later about this. Don't show you're weak right now." He whispered. Together we walked to the crowd of the soldiers Viridian had left. While they were talking I could not help it. I let my mind wonder what happened. That it actually worked.