10

The forest felt like it wasn't going to end. Not soon anyway. The trees became thicker and higher. There was no way to hide here. Unless you were good at hiding. Like me. With hide and seek everyone gave up trying to find me. They always lost when I was on a team. Thinking back gave me a headache. It wasn't a normal headache. It made me dizzy and made me want to vomit. And that wasn't me. I never had that before. I climbed up some fallen trees. It was high and the best to see around me. The headache made me tired and I had not had rest in a while. I looked around me to try to spot something. Nothing. Not a simple soul. Good. I climbed down on the other side of the trees. Some twigs brok under the weight of my feet. I had to find some place to get some rest. Maybe this was the best place. It was far from the camp. And if it was going to rain I would be dry for a while. And no animal would bother me. My thoughts kept running and I wasn't looking where I stepped. A small trunk of fallen tree broke off. My head felt like a pinball. Tree to tree. I crashed hard on the ground. The trees had been higher than I had expected. My head lay on the soft grass. My head felt heavy and warm. The headache had not been worse before. It was killing now. The pain in my leg was nothing compaired to this. I tried to get up, but the soft grass was really comfortable. And I was not complaining. And I actually did not want to get up. What was I going to do anyway? Find myself on the other side of the fight? Try to tell these people the prince was probably crazy. He was probably right. These people had no idea what they were going to expect. I closed my eyes. Imagine home. Would they look for me? Would they hung missing posters on the street? Put my ugly school picture on some television show? Would they stick post-its on my locker? Where they going to do those weird meetings were they would look for me in the small era around school? Was anyone going to miss me in the real world? Were they even missing me out there? Or had some clone take over my life? Or maybe I had died.. I sure felt like that. Specially now.