17

Maeve. 

He knew my name. Probably much more than that. Did he know I wasn't from his world? Did he know I had no idea what I was doing here? I had no idea what to say to all of that. What do you even say to that? What could I possibly say that would make this less awkward for me?

"I thought you did not care at all. I thought you were leaving me to die in that tent." I took another step backwards. I needed space. A lot of it too. 

"I was trying to heal you that night. We had traveled so far already and I was losing hope that the soldiers wouldn't find someone to help you. Why else did you think I send everyone out there when you rushed off?" He spoke with such confidence. He took another step closer. 

"Because you are a bad person." The words slipped from me. I couldn't help it. There was a feeling of the words being pulled out of my brain. I had not wanted to say them, but I did. I turned to leave. To get out of this conversation. To get away from him. Only if it was a little while. After a couple of steps away my feet stopped. In my mind I kept telling them to move. To get as far away as they could take me. But my feet were stuck to the floor. Really stuck. I could see the ground underneath me. My feet seemed to be fine. I was just standing there. Like a fool. In front of him. 

"Stop trying to leave." I heard it. He was talking to me. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't anymore. I couldn't hear him move. I knew he was moving. He must be right..

"Why can't I move?" I dared ask. There was no movement in my fingers as I tried to make a full fist. I had no clue why I tried. 

"Why do you want to leave everytime we talk?" I could hear him more clear now. He was closer than before. I still couldn't see him. That should not bother me. He was probably closer than I would expect. Should I tell him? The real reason why I keep walking away.. I had no idea, but I did have a gut feeling. It wasn't a gut feeling. The feeling from before was coming back. I was going to talk. Even if I didn't like it. Words were coming..