31

Together we walked. I had still no idea how it all worked, but seeing all the grass around us burn.. I knew it had worked.
"Where are we going?" I dared ask. He did not look back. And for the first time I noticed him. Really took a good look at him. Had he been eating well? He was indeed not what I had expected from my story, but I knew he had not expected me either. I looked around. Anywhere so I had did not have to look at him. My eyes landed on his hand. Holding mine so tight his knuckles were turning white. I could feel my fingers slowly go numb, but it did not matter to me. I was tired and he knew. The heavy sword in my hand was slowing me down. The weight fell from my hand. It crashed on the ground with a loud thumb. The speed Viridian had was surprisingly fast. My feet could not keep up. I stumbled forward. Only to land on my knees. The hard thug on my arm made me pull my hand back. Viridian stopped immidiatly. He kneeled in front of me. I had no idea where he was going to take me, but I knew there was no way I was going to make it. A sudden hit of tiredness was hitting me. I had not felt like this. Ever. Not even that one time I had fainted when I had seen that needle at the doctor. It had been years ago, but I still knew I had smacked my head pretty hard on that table. This was nothing like it. I was not about to faint. My arm was swung over Viridian's shoulder.
"No one is watching. Lean on me." He held my side close to him and pulled me off the ground. I held on to his shoulder as if my life was depending on it. We took a turn between trees and reached a group of horses. He helped me up on one of them before climbing on one himself.
"Where are we going?" I asked again. He nodded to something behind him. A group of soldiers came walking to us. Some of them carrying items.
"We are moving camp." His attention returned to me. Fully.
"Get some rest. I'll take care of your horse." He took the ropes of my horse and pulled hard on them. The horse immediately moved in-sync with his. I wondered. What was he planning? Why was he is such a hurry suddenly..