23

I picked up the sword. The heavy weight made my arm hurt already. Maybe this really wasn't for me. Maybe I wasn't a fighter. Maybe I was fooling myself. And everyone around me, they were waiting. I could see a circle form around us. Some of the soldiers started laughing at the sight of me. A weak girl trying to hold a sword. If it wasn't me, I would have laughed as well. Standing in the middle of a circle full of soldiers. I hated myself for doing this. I should have stayed inside. I should have waited for Viridian to return. Even if that meant waiting for a very long time. This was going to be horrible. All these soldiers were going to watch. Watch me fail. In my head this was going to go horrible. At least I did not have to prove myself against Viridian. He wasn't even here. That had to be the reason the soldiers were acting up. If Viridian had been here they wouldn't have said a thing to me. The soldier before me. Looked confident. Ready. Not like me.
"Go on then. Show me what you got." He pulled his sword from his belt. He was going to wait for my attack. That is where he was wrong. I wasn't going to attack when he asked for it.
"Come on." He laughed. He let his sword hit mine. I blocked the attack. The hit on the sword was heavy on me. This guy knew what he was doing. He was making me look bad. He looked bigger with his sword. Scary big. I hated him for it. The next attack hit me harder.
"Fine. Have it your way." He smiled. He had an evil smile. One you would hate on you favourite villain in the movies. The blow of his attacks made it heavy for me to hold the sword. With each blow a small piece of me was becoming more damaged. His. Sword left small cuts on my skin. With each blow a new one appeared. He knew what he was doing. And even I knew what he was doing. With each small blow he gave me, I grew weaker. He had me where he wanted. Falling for his game.
"Giving up yet?" He yelled between blows. I could see the small smile he kept on his face. He was too strong and I was just defending. I could not attack. There was no time. I should have stayed away. Walked away even. He swung his sword high above his head. Saving all his strength in the blow. He struck powerfully.