34

That was it. Maeve. It was right there. Between his fingers. There stood my name. I could not understand. My name in my favourite story. Then it must have been true. I had become one with the story line. I must have changed into one of the characters. That meant I had changed the whole timeline. The story had changed and so had I.
"Maeve, what is it?" He asked again. I had forgotten he was there. The one and only. What was al this going to mean for him? Was the ending still the same? I took the book from his hands and flipped to the last few chapters of the book. I had to see if his name was there. My eyes wondered over the words. I was not surprised to not find it. That meant the chapters had not changed in the ending. It was not the ending I had hoped for. Not the ending I wanted.
"What do the pages say? Do they tell you how much love I have for you?" The book made a hard dull sound as it hit the floor. Love. You. Love. You. Did he say that? Did I imagine the words? I turned to him.
"What did you say?" I asked still in shock. He did not move an inch. He was staring a me. I had his full attention once again.
"What do the pages say?" He smiled while repeating the words. He knew what I had meant. He dammed well knew. He kept his full attention on me. It worried me a bit. I gave myself some time to look at him. To really see him. He looked so much younger all of a sudden. The darkness in his eyes had almost disseapeard. They looked brighter now. Full of something I had not seen before. The dirt on his face pulled my attention to his eyes completely. This guy was not just a villain. He was just a person. Someone who thought he was doing his best. A person. One with feelings. A strand of hair fell lose. It fell across one of his eyes, I reached for it and pushed it softly back in place. I could not handle myself any longer. I reached for the back of his neck. It only took a small pull for him to come close enough to close that gab between us.