40

P.o.v. Maeve

I was guided inside. The long halls were suppose to make me forget the way we came in. And I was forgetting. I did not care for it. The tall doors were opened for me. We walked trough the smal opening of them. The heavy thumb confirmed my worst nightmare. I was locked in now. No way back. We walked forward. The place was massive. The sun from the windows coloured the place like the inside of a rainbow. I had always wondered what happened with those. Why we never used the coloured glass anymore. I had hoped the guards beside me would have turned their backs on me outside, but they were fast to pick me off the ground. I had not imagined to get inside so easy. I was guided to a tall table at the end of the room. Around the table were a lot of empty chairs. There were no plates. That meant they could mean they were getting ready to eat or they were already finished. A man stood tall at the head of the table. By the crown on his head I could tell he was the King. I could tell I was at the right place. He looked exactly like he was written in the book.
"This is the one we found outside." I was pushed forward. The table was a great distance away and right now, it made me happy it was. The King looked me up and down. I had expected him to laugh at me. Ready to send me away with tears in his eyes. Instead he stood tall, reached for his pocket and. threw the paper in his hand on the table. On the paper I could see a scratchy handwriting and a logo. The King did not say a word. His hand reached higher, pointing at my waist. I looked down. The logo on the hilt of the sword matched the logo on the piece of paper.
"I know that matches with my son." The King spoke. His voice was smooth. He looked emotionless at me. Till he spoke again.
"So either you are here to tell me he is dead or you are warning me his is going to kill me." Anger. All there was. I felt It burn in my chest too. Anger. Hate. But I held back. This wasn't the time.
"He is not dead."I let the words come out calmly. This was going to be a big problem.
"So he is on his way to kill me then." He almost laughed all the words. He sat back down in his chair. He was seeing me as a joke. And it made me glad. It was going the way I wanted.
"No," He now looked at me. Really looked at me. As a human to another human. "But I am."