41

P.O.V. Viridian

"Not yet my lord. We found your horse a little further on the left side over there," He pointed to one side of the path. So my horse was there. She had to be close by. No one could go far on foot. I grabbed the ropes tighter. Ready to give the signal to the horse. "It was drinking a lot of water and looks like it has been running for days." The soldier gave me the most important information.
"Should we go left my lord?" I heard behind me. I shook my head and pointed at the right side of the road.
"My horse is a trained escaper. There must be a village close by on that side." I was clear in my words. There was no hiding now.
"You can't trick me with my own battle plan." I smiled at my own words. We rushed to right path and within an hour we found a small place. I jumped off my horse. The village looked just like that one place. Old. Broken down. That place I would never forget. I knew that place did not exist anymore. It burned to ashes. I could not forget about it. That way I had felt back then. My hand reached to my mouth as I walked through the small village. I felt it. The buzzing feeling. There were people here. In this village. I pointed to my left side.
"Break that door down and search every inch of it." I demanded. The soldiers behind me made a lot of sound as they broke the place down. I did not care for the people inside. I waited patiently. Two soldiers came out. Both of them dragged a woman by their sides. One of them young, tall and clearly drunk. The other one.. Old. Really old. Her feet were scratching against the stones. I got a strange feeling seeing them both. They looked so helpless. The looks on their faces said they had given up. If I was bringing them death, they seemed ready for it. The tall girl fell on her knees before me.
"The girl was here. She was downstairs. That is all I know." She might have been drunk, but her memory was clear. I turned to the elderly lady. She wasn't looking at me. She had her head down. She did not speak. The younger lady leaned to her.
"She saw her leave. She took her cloak. It is one of a kind. You will find it in seconds." Her voice was more loud this time. Sadly, this information was useless to me.
"Does she know what way she went?" I tried my best to sound polite this time, but the anger still came trough. I knew the castle was standing tall on my right. Please be smart and not be there.. The young girl took a deep breath, ready to speak. To ask the lady. Before a word could come out a loud laughter filled the air between us all. It was a sharp one. One I did not like. I hated it. I waited till she was done.
"Young one. She looked ready. Don't worry. She does not hate you, on the contrary, she is doing it all for you." The elderly lady spoke. Slow. Soft, but I understood every word. I understood the meaning of them, but I had to know more.
"What is she doing?" I dared. The lady looked at me this time. Her bright white eyes gave me the creeps, but she wasn't the worst I had seen. Please let me be wrong. Just this time..
"No matter how hard you will run.." She stopped to catch some air. "You will never make it in time to stop her. You know that in your heart."