20

"Apparently you do. Otherwise you wouldn't be here." He said. He still looked at the tents. He had changed so fast. I wondered what he had seen in my head. Had he seen everything I had in my mind? Even the bad?

"Most of the soldiers don't even like me. I can't even fight." I turned my head to look at the ground. The cold air had not effected the ground here. We probably weren't close to the last place. I could feel the air close to me change. From the corner of my eye I saw it. His hand. He was reaching over. Please. Let his hand rest on my shoulder. Just a second. I need to know. Was everything that happened made up in my mind? He pulled his hand back in a swift movement.

"How about a deal? You learn to fight like a soldier." He spoke loud. Making it clear he needed to be heard. Fight like a soldier. I could defend myself. That was important. Right?

"And what would be in it for you?" I turned to look at him again. I knew he wasn't going to do this if he wasn't getting something from it as well. That was what a deal meant. Before us a flame was moving. A small group was moving before us. They were moving to us.

"I'll let you know soon. Get some sleep first. Take my tent. I have to take care of some things." He spoke fast. He was moving before I could say anything as a responds. I tried to reach for his hand. Ready to pull him back. Sadly he was too far for me to reach. My hand came back empty. He walked fast to the group. I waited to see what was happening. They said some words to each other. Shortly after that the whole group moved in one direction.

"Please look this way," I whispered to myself. "Please." He moved with the group. Not one movement to notice if he still cared if I was away yet. He slowly disappeared with the group. A dissapointing feeling crept up on me. Why had I hoped he would have looked my way. He had better things to worry about. So should I. I went to make my long walk to his tent. I knew it wasn't hard to find. It was the fancy one. And it would be only for me. He wouldn't be there. Why hadn't he just given me a random tent. There would be an emoty one around right? There had to be. Some soldiers died right? They would leave a tent.