39

P.o.v. Viridian

Anger wasn't what I was had been feeling when I woke up. For once in a long time, I had woken up happy. Until I noticed it. She wasn't there. Not one thing that reminded me of her.
"There is no sign of her." One of my soldiers informed me. The anger had came when I noticed my horse missing. It had meant she was not taken. I knew that when I had not found my sword on its place. It meant she had left. She took my sword. She took my horse. The thing that surprised me.. She did not take anything else. No food, no money. All she left was her stupid book. The only thing I could not understand. Something must have been in that book that made her leave. A voice in the back of my neck told me it had to be the book. Last night. The way she flipped trough those empty pages. She saw something. My thoughts kept going back to last night. The happiness. The way she talked to me. They way she kissed me. The way we became one. I had to shake my head to remember the anger I was feeling now. She probably thought I would not go after her if she took my horse. She wasn't smart after all. I had grabbed the first horse I saw and raced into the woods. My horse went this way. I could see it. The way the path was broken under its feet. Every single soldier that was left raced after me.

I could see it. The way she would slowly become tired of all the riding. The way she would almost fall to the side, but then would wake herself up to keep going. I could see the way she was carrying my sword. The way she was going to stop every now and then to take care of my horse. I could see it before me. I could almost hear the sound her stomach would make when she would turn hungry. She was not used to not eating. It was funny to me how I could smell that weird smell of her hair already. The way it always looked messy. They way it had fallen over her face this morning. I had seen it, I had pushed it back. I. Had held her in my arms hours before. If only I had not turned back to sleep. We could have been somewhere else. For from this mess. But it was all in my head. She was not here. Maeve was gone. And I was going to do everything I had in me to find her.

X—X

It took me days to find places she could have been hiding. Small houses beside the roads. A barn hidden away between a large tree and a massive rock. Nothing. Not even a rat. Soldiers slip away from the group to look between trees that had fallen. I had remembered she hid there once. A long time ago. She was so small back then. If I only knew what I knew now.. I waited in the middle of a split path for soldiers to return.
"Where did you go? Give me one sign." I almost begged from under my teeth. All I needed was one sign to find her. I couldn't use any magic. She would notice now. Feel I would be after her. I had no idea why she went away, but I also had no idea what she would do If she knew I was close.
"Lord! We found something!" A soldier yelled at the top of his lungs. He came running over. He was out of breath when he reached me.
"Did you find her?" Of course that was the first question I was going to ask. Idiot!