6

I lay on my side on the cold ground. The arrow was still sticking out of my leg. It did not hurt that much anymore. Now it was just annoying. Like the loud sounds for every soldier passing by. Some were wearing uniforms all the time. Some were just dressed normal. Second after second I heard them walking passed us. The cages beside me were empty. I had no idea where they all went. They were probably not alive any longer. Or they were. Probably in terrible pain by now. It wouldn't surprise me if the cages were filled in days. These people were not the nice type. Not one of them was nice enough to bring food. Let alone bring something warmer to wear. It was getting late and it wasn't getting warmer. It wouldn't surprise me if it was going to rain soon as well. I had learned enough already. This crazy thing must have been some dream where I had ended up in. It did not explain anything. If this was going to be my home for the couple of months, I had to make it feel like home. Definitely had to get this arrow out of my leg and get the hell out of this cage. There was no way out of this cage. All I could do was take care of this arrow. I knew it was going to be bad if he left it, but pulling the arrow out was also going to be bad. There would be a wound. And I couldn't help myself. I grabbed the arrow with both hands. The slight movement almost made me want to cry. I wasn't ready to do this, but I had no other choice.

"You might not want to do that." A voice called out. I dropped my hands to push myself to sit up straight. There he was again. Standing there like it was nothing. Just a prince standing in a open field ready to be killed any moment. He standing there as if he had been for hours. It annoyed me. I grabbed the arrow and pulled it out with a swift move. The pain was horrible, but I did not scream. All I could do was breath out loudly.

"Told you not to do it." He switched to lean on his other leg. I could feel the blood dripping form my leg. It wasn't good and I knew this. I threw the arrow in his direction. He caught it in a swift movement and threw it on the ground. I hated him for being right. If I could have pulled him from the story. Pull me away from his side of the story.

"What brings you here? Don't you have someone to kill or something?" I sat up more striaght. He did not move.

"I came to speak to you."