27

I looked up from the pages to see Viridian standing a few inches away from me. He had that strange look on his eyes. I could see the darkness in his eyes. A cold rush ran down my back. Something told me he had to be really mad about the fight. I held the book close to my chest. His eyes shot to the book shortly. I remembered. He didn't see anything in it. It was useless to him. Even so, he had kept it in the bag. He had kept all my stuff. I didn't bother grabbing the stuff off the floor.
"What does it say?" He dared ask. He nodded to the book in my hand. Without a second thought I threw the book. Straight for his head. He dodged it with an easy movement. The way the book flew to the side told me he did not dodge it at all. He used magic. That must have been a weak point for him. I hated that about him already. He was two steps ahead of me. I hated it so much. But I hated myself more for liking him for it. It was useless to keep fighting him. I knew that. But I secretly loved it. It was something I enjoyed and even looked forward to do. I stepped passed him.
"You can not ignore me." He said when I passed him.
"Watch me." I walked out of the tent. Outside a group of soldiers stood waiting. It was a small group, but I knew what they were doing. They stood listening. I would have done the same. They probably were inside when I rushed in. Viridian must have send them away. That look he had gave me when I stabbed that guy. Those eyes of his.. I should not think about him. Not now. No ever again.
"Take my tent. It is that one over there with the red flag on it." One of the soldiers pointed at a tent on the far left. It wasn't big and it was barely visible between all the other ones. I nodded to him and made my way to the tent. Without another thought I moved into the tent. It wasn't much, but at least I had my own bed. Lucky me. At least I would be away from him for a while. Maybe this gave me time to figure things out.