14

Something in my head told me not to go. Something in the back of my head knew better. I decided on one of the two sides.

"You can tell whoever wants to talk to me can come find me themself." I put the bowl in my hands down. The liquid had gotten cold and much flavour was missing anyway. The soldiers had probably been living on this stuff for ages. Flavourless food. At least it made me feel a bit better.

"Or you get up yourself and walk-."

"Or what? You going to kill me?" I cut off. The soldiers around me jumped up. All of them looking at the person behind me. I didn't bother to look around. Something in the back of my head already told me the same person wasn't standing there anymore. I knew it was him. Probably standing there in his armour. Arms crossed like a brat that he is. The soldiers turned and disseaperd into their tents around the place. They would be listening. There was no doubt about it. In seconds he stood before me. Exactly like I had expected. Full armour. As if he was going to a war again soon. 

"I wouldn't," He spoke. He did not look away as he continued his words. "Not yet." It didn't surprise me he spoke like that. He wasn't someone of many words. He stood there. I knew he was waiting for me to get up. Waiting for me to walk with him. Because that is what he suggested. I got up and waited for his next move. It took a few minutes before he turned and started making his way between the tents. I followed him. Not one time did he stop to look back if I was still following. It did not concern me. He probably had some trick up his sleeve for when I decide to leave. Maybe a hand full of soldiers standing nearby. Somewhere hidden between the shadows. We walked to a place far from the tents. He did not stop. He kept walking. The setting around us changed fast. One moment we stood between a set of trees. the other we stood between empty, burned down houses. They all seemed left behind. All to be taken over by nature or the fire that had came. We walked between the houses until we reached a piece of ground that had turned black. Whatever had stood here was probably burned down. Something in me felt guilty. I came from such a nice place and I did nothing but complain about it. These people had lsot everything they had loved. Was this Viridians doing? He stood before me. Silent. I would be ling if i hadn't felt a bit scared. He had taken me to a place far away from everyone. They probably didin't even care that I was gone. Maybe they had seen this happen so many times before. Viridian turned to me and reached for something. A sharp pain pressed against my neck. I looked down to see the silver shining between his fingers. This was it. My end.