\,sik-'stēn\

Sana
Dead weight

Dead weight

Dead weight

5 years ago
"Dead weight. Useless. Trash." Uncle spitefully talked through the phone.

I peeked through the wooden door of his office, curious as to what could have made my uncle speak like that.

He's always so friendly and it's not like him to have a tone like that. I've never heard him talk like that before.

"Yes, I'm talking about my fucking niece idiot. Always so smiley. Why the hell didn't she die with my weak brother and his stupid wife?"

He's talking about me? Does he hate me too? My eyes started watering from what I've heard.

"Oh you know, playing a good uncle and whatnot and I hate it." He rolled his eyes. "Nah, that girl is dumb. As I've told you before, dead weight"

So everything was fake. All the love and care he showed me all these years was just a show? I can't believe this, the only remaining relative I got that I would actually call family, doesn't really care about me. I scoffed and held my tears from falling.

"Throw her away?" My uncle laughed.

I stiffened.

"No, I won't. That would ruin our family's image"

I relaxed a bit and leaned my back on the wall. I tried to process everything that I've just heard.

And when I did, I let my tears fall. I ran as silent as I can to my bedroom and sobbed.

*Knock Knock*

"Sana-sama?" Mrs. Gwan opened my bedroom door and peeked her head. "A package for you has arri- are you okay?"

I quickly got off my bed to hug her and once I felt warmer, I sobbed harder.

"Oh, my dear. Did his wife give you a hard time again? Or is it your cousins?" Mrs. Gwan asked while patting my back.

I didn't respond and just continued on clinging to her.

I walked away from Tzuyu as waves of memories and a threat of emotional breakdown came to me. For fuck's sake, It's been five years! Why the does this still affect me so much?!

"Sana!" Tzuyu called me but I just ignored her.

I went to the nearest rest room and locked myself up on a cubicle. I tried to stop my tears from falling but I failed.

Momo
After closing up our stall, Mina and I went to look for Sana but we only saw Tzuyu there.

"Oi, Ice Princess!" I called Tzuyu. "Where's Sana?"

Tzuyu took a second before turning to look at us and pointed at a nearby ladies' rest room.

As we entered the restroom, we heard faint sniffles. Mina and I looked at each other and slowly made our way to the cubicle where the sounds come from.

We waited for her to come out, which she did just a moment later

"Oh" Sana looked at us, surprised. Mina and I hugged her.

"Oh come on" Sana sniffled. "I don't wanna cry again" We all chuckled and let go of the hug.

"What's up?" Mina stared at Sana.

"Nothing" Sana smiled. "It's not a big deal"

"You rarely cry so it IS a big deal" Mina argued. "Did Tzuyu do something to you?"

"Huh? Nothing" Sana denied.

I narrowed her eyes at her. "Okeh" I know she's lying but I just let it go.

"I'm just going somewhere for a moment, take care of Sana for me" I told Mina, in which she nodded.

Tzuyu
I sighed. What did I do? Did I went too far? Said something I shouldn't have?

Not knowing anything about what just happened frustrates me. Seeing a vulnerable Minatozaki Sana is new to me.

I flinched when I heard a loud bang. I turned my head and saw Momo frowning at me with her fist on the counter.

"What did you do?" Momo asked through gritted teeth.

"Wha-" I was cut off.

"What did you do?" She repeated.

"I don't know" I replied honestly.

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Momo raised an eyebrow. "Sana was crying, of course you must have done something"

"She was crying? Why?" I asked, not really having a clue as to what have I done wrong.

"That's exactly the reason I'm here. To know why she's crying" Momo frowned even more.

"I don't kno-" I was cut off.

"Fucking hell Tzuyu. Figure it out" Momo grunted.

She made her way towards me and moved her face in front of me.

"If this happens again, I swear I'll make that pretty face of yours get slapped by a wall" Momo then backed away and turned her back towards me.

"If this is some kind of revenge shit, don't blame us if your friends are a bunch of wimps" Momo added as she started to walk away.

I suddenly got mad for some reason.

"Wimps? How about calling YOUR friend that. She is the one crying for no reason" Okay, stop it Tzuyu.

Momo turned to face me again. "You don't know that" She said through gritted teeth.

"What is it then? What is your petty excuse huh? I don't give a fuck." I spat. My mouth, I have to shut my mouth. "Just because you've been through some shit, doesn't mean you have to put others through shit too"

I seriously have to shut up.

Momo was about to say something but I cut her off.

"If you fucking bullies are full of shit, then take care of your own shit. Don't put your shit into others, for fuck's sake!" Oh my god I need to stop. I hate it when I lose control.

"Cause we also have a load of shit to take care of too!" I yelled while glaring at Momo.

Momo's shocked face and tense body language pulled me out of my tantrum.

I looked around and saw students, my friends, Sana, and Mina staring at me.

I breathed deeply and walked out of there.