\i-'le-vən\

"That's all for today" Mrs. Yoon announced. Everybody cheered and fixed their things.

"Oh right! I forgot to tell you about your project" Mrs. Yoon halted as she was about to exit the room.

"Okay, so what y'all are going to do is, you need to create your own product and sell it. That simple." Mrs. Yoon paused as if trying to remember something while the students got excited thinking about what they should sell. "Also, you're going to submit to me a cash book containing all the records of the income and expenses of your business"

The atmosphere in the classroom suddenly became gloomy.

"And you'll be working in pairs" Mrs. Yoon added.

Jeongyeon
Seriously? Just pairs? Tch.

"Geez, what's with the reaction?" Mrs. Yoon chuckled. "Don't worry, you can choose your own partner. Now go"

Psh, as if that will make up with how dull this project is. Eh well, at least I can pair up with Nayeo-

"Hey Nayeon, can you be my partner?" I looked at Jennie clinging on Nayeon's arm while looking at her with pleading eyes.

"Okay" Nayeon smiled at Jennie.

I scoffed. "Hey Jennie, how about Lisa?" I then pointed at her girlfriend who looks really sullen.

Did they have a fight or something?

"Oh hey Jeongyeon" Jennie smiled at me.

"I wanna be Nayeon's partner" I pouted.

"Aw, but she already said yes to me" Jennie gave me an apologetic smile while Nayeon giggled.

"Well, how about Li-" Jennie cut me off.

"Let's just talk about what we're gonna do tomorrow" Jennie told Nayeon and went to talk to Jisoo.

Nayeon scrunched her face. "Why is she being weird?"

I just shrugged and tapped Jihyo's shoulders. "Do you already have a partner?"

Jihyo turned around and looked at me."Oh wow, I guess the first choice wasn't available... I don't"

"Well, do you wanna be partners with me?" I beamed.

"Yeah sure." Jihyo shrugged then turned to continue talking with Jeonghwa.

Sana
I looked at Mina to ask her if she already has a partner. She pointed at Momo who's beside her and gave me a peace sign.

Tch. This is one of the many times I hate being in an odd-numbered group of friends.

I asked some of my seatmates but they already have partners. I looked around the room and the others also seemed to have settled with their partners.

I raised my hand to get Mrs. Yoon's attention.

"What is it Minatozaki?" Mrs. Yoon looked at me.

"I don't have a partner ma'am. Is it okay if I just join a group of three?" I looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Hm? That's weird. Your class is even numbered so you should be able to find yourself a partner" Mrs. Yoon looked around.

"Nobody's absent right now so... okay, who still doesn't have a partner?" Mrs. Yoon asked the students.

Four students including Sana raised their hands.

"Hm, okay... Manoban, Kang, Chou, Minatozaki. Well then, just choose your partner"

Definitely not Tzuyu.. I guess I'll just pick Seulgi.

Just when I was about to call Seulgi, she raised her hand and pointed to Lisa. "We're going to be partners ma'am"

No no no... nuh-uh. I would rather do this project on my own.

"That leaves Chou and Minato-" Mrs. Yoon was cut off.

"Please pardon my intrusiveness but, is it possible if I could just do the project on my own? I can manage it without her" Tzuyu suddenly stood up.

That's what I wanna to happen but why do I feel offended.

Eh well, I hope she convinces Mrs. Yoon.

"Nope" Mrs. Yoon popped.

"I agree with Tzuyu ma'am. I think it would be better if I just do this on my own" Wow, can't believe that came out of my mouth and actually took her side.

Mrs. Yoon looked at me weirdly and shook her head. "Ms. Minatozaki, I know you're aware of how low your grades are. I think Ms. Chou here is going to help you with that, considering that she's at the top of this class"

Ugh.. this is pointless, Mrs. Yoon is reasonable and we don't even have a valid argument on why we're refusing.

Tch. If only I study, that bitch better be on lookout 'cause I'm going to snatch that Ms. Top-of-the-class title off of her.

I looked at Tzuyu and gave her a threathening look. Say something, Ms. Top-of-the-class! I know you don't wanna get partnered with me too.

Tzuyu stared back at me and smirked.

Okay... what the fuck was that? I have a feeling that this is going to be bad.

"So, Chou and Minatozaki, still have complaints?" Mrs. Yoon looked at me and Tzuyu.

"I do-" I was cut off, which was something I was thankful for because I don't even know what I'm going to say just to avoid working with Tzuyu.

But I surely wasn't thankful for why I was cut off.

"No ma'am. We don't have any complaints" Tzuyu suddenly spoke up.

I whipped my head at her direction and gave her a glare which she replied with an innocent look.

What the hell is she thinking?!