26- A Peaceful Flowing River

Two weeks.

It had been two weeks and Niall hadn't said more than ten sentences to Harry or anyone for that matter.

He had tried, he had really tried to pull himself out of the abyss that was slowly pulling him in but it proved to be futile.

He felt nothing but pain and if it was physical maybe just maybe he would have healed by now but this was so much worse.

So much painful.

His heart hurt for his child. The baby deserved to have a full life like anyone else but it was forced to go before it even started living.

Niall saw how much Harry was hurting too. His poor husband had tried all he could to get Niall back on track but nothing seemed to be working so far.

He could see that Harry was barely holding himself together; striving to stay strong because one of them had to be.

When they had gone to the appointment, Niall was checked but he refused to find out the gender of their baby yet. He was still mourning. Harry, the doctor and the rest of the family had understood.

The Royal family knew, Harry had told them but Niall was glad that he hadn't told them what had caused the twin to Vanish. He wanted to be able to heal before he and Harry decided on what to do with Natasha and Corey.

He wanted to be strong before he could destroy them like they destroyed his child. Why would they get to still be twins when his child was gone?

"How is he doing?" Niall heard Louis' voice ask Harry and he guessed Louis' classes were over for the day.

Niall couldn't care less about his classes. He was far too damaged to think about that, he knew that he was lagging but it couldn't be helped.

"Same. He's showered and had a little food to eat but that's about it." Harry answered Louis.

Niall was not stupid, he knew that even if one of his kids was gone, he was still pregnant and the other one needed nutrients to grow and stay healthy. So even if he rather not, he forced himself to eat for the sake of the baby.

"Hi Ni." It was Zayn. "How are you feeling?"

This had been their daily routine for the last couple of weeks. After Uni hours, they'd all just get together at the Palace and hang out with Niall and Harry till it was late and they left. Except Louis who insisted on staying close to Niall and was given a room.

Niall shrugged. He lay on the bed looking up at the ceiling with his hands placed protectively over his bump.

He was scared. What if his other child also left. He couldn't handle it, he knew he wouldn't survive another heartbreak of losing another child and neither would his husband.

"How was school?" Niall surprised himself and everyone when he asked Louis that because he rarely talked but Louis was his bestfriend and knew him well enough.

He always held Niall in the last couple of weeks if it wasn't Harry holding him.

"It was boring. Life is boring without your silly self, Ni." Louis pouted and Niall gave him a half smile because Louis used to tell him that everytime he would refuse to do something with Louis.

"Corey sends his greetings." Louis said, oblivious to the fact that the said person was responsible for the current predicament.

In the corner of his eye, Niall saw Harry tense and he understood why.

"How is he?" Niall asked Louis, receiving a confused look from his husband who was sat on the sofa with Liam and Zayn on either side of him.

"He's fine." Louis answered with a shrug, Corey had seemed to be avoiding Louis since Niall stopped attending school but the Doncaster lad didn't sweat over it.