2- Didn't Expect Less

The next day, Niall was sat with Louis on the benches after their last lecture.

He'd talked to Zayn and told him that he was still in a dilemma but that he would make up his mind by the end of the day.

"So wanna tell me why you decided to delay my journey back home?" Louis asked and got comfortable on the hard bench.

Niall took a deep breath. He knew he had to talk to his bestfriend about it but he was freaking out. He had no idea how he would react.

Niall really needed the money for school but getting it from Harry Styles who he'd known his true self was sickening.

"Ni, are you okay?" Louis placed a hand on Niall's thigh comfortingly. "Maybe we should talk at home."

Niall was grateful to have a friend as amazing as Louis. He would simply read him without being told anything.

"No, it's okay. I'm gonna tell you something and you shouldn't freak out or say anything until I'm done okay?" Niall said and Louis looked at him quizzically but still nodded when he saw Niall's seriousness.

"Okay."

So Niall spent the next half hour explaining to Louis what had happened to him.

"Oh my god and this Liam person just put his hand on your arm? Maybe he lik-" Louis' sentence was cut off by Niall's glare.

"What did I say about interrupting me?"

"I'm so sorry, Ni. Please carry on." Louis smiled sheepishly and Niall glared at him but continued.

This time around, Niall managed to finish telling his story without Louis interrupting him.

And when he was done, Louis' mouth was open and he was looking at Niall with wide eyes.

"Louis please say something." Niall whined, effectively pulling Louis out of his trance.

"You are about to become Prince Harry's husband. Oh my god this is huge." Louis put his palms on his cheeks, eyes not leaving Niall.

"No, Lou. I'm supposed to think about it and give him an answer by the end of the day." Niall stressed.

Louis took his hands from his face and grabbed Niall's in his own. "What is there to think about, Ni? This is an opportunity that only comes once, once in a lifetime and you are not throwing it away, I won't let you." Louis said seriously.

"But Louis, he's really mean and controlling and manipulative. I honestly don't see myself getting married to someone like that for a whole two years even if it's fake." Niall whined.

"I know, Ni. He may not be a good person but you will be together for the benefit of both of you. Just think about school yeah, you need him as much he needs you." Louis said squeezing Niall's hands.

"But-" Niall was about to protest again. He didn't like the prince one bit and he was hoping Louis hated him too so that his decision won't be tough.

"No buts, Ni. Look, if you refuse to do this, you will remain struggling with life, with education while he will just have to look for someone who will be willing to do it and move on as if he never even asked you. Don't think about the present, think about the future, yeah?" Louis said and Niall kept quiet for a bit but nodded.

"Okay." He said, unsurely. "I'll think about it like that."

"Good." Louis smiled and opened his arms for Niall knowing that he needed it. Niall immediately moved into Louis' embrace and cuddled up to his friend's chest.

When they pulled away, Niall stood up. "Okay, we better get going before I run late to work."

Louis agreed and soon they left.