18- I Promise

Dedicated to narry_05 ♥♥ She's amazing and I love all her books, go give them a read if you haven't yet.

**

"Niall please talk to me." Harry said the words he'd said for three complete days now.

They had just gotten back from their honeymoon an hour ago and because it was already late, they had just said a quick hello to the King and Queen then went to bed.

"I love you baby, I love you so fucking much it hurts." Harry said, grabbing Niall's arm so that the blond wouldn't ignore him.

Niall stopped and took a few deep breaths before turning to Harry with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Don't say that, please don't." Niall sighed and massaged his right temple.

"But I do, I didn't mean for you to hear it in your sleep, Ni. I meant to tell you." Harry tried again. "I'm not asking you to do anything about my feelings for you, I just wanted you to know how I feel. We can continue as we've been, nothing has to change."

Niall took his hand from Harry's grasp and sat down on the sofa.

"It changed everything, Harry. Everything."

Harry kept quiet and waited for Niall to continue.

"You love me? Oh my god!" Niall massaged both of his temples. "You don't love me. Stop lying to me."

He couldn't believe- no he didn't want to believe it. Yes it was all fun and games, getting married, hooking up on their honeymoon and stuff but he was protecting himself.

"Why no? Please talk to me. Don't shut me out please." Harry pleaded and Niall sighed, loudly and tiredly. "Please talk to me, I'm here to listen."

"Harry the reason we are even in this mess to begin with is because you don't want commitment. We are married right now because you are still not ready to settle down with a girl. You don't even like men, how can you say you are in love with me?" Niall asked exasperatedly.

Harry knew that that was coming. He had looked at this from all angles and he honestly understood where Niall was coming from. So he took a deep breath and answered Niall's question.

"I didn't even know it myself until you walked into my life. I can't explain how it happened or why but I've had feelings for you for a while now and I'm pretty convinced they already have developed into love.

I love everything about you, baby. Even the fact that you like your feet out of the covers at night and you make my own feet cold too when you  kick off the covers. I love everything. Yes it was all a sham in the beginning but now..." Harry trailed off knowing Niall knew even though he didn't voice it.

Niall sat quiet and deep in thought after Harry's words. Before uttering a small, "I'm scared."

At that, Harry moved closer to the smaller boy and used all his will power to refrain from touching him because he didn't know if Niall would like that at the moment.

"Why... why are you scared?" Harry asked just as quietly, not wanting to press the wrong button.

"I... it's just... Harry, this can't be happening, oh my god. It won't end well. Please don't let this happen." Niall looked at Harry with desperate eyes.

Harry was confused.

"What do you mean, baby?" He took Niall's hand in his and slowly ran his thumb over it.

"You are not gay-" Niall started to say but Harry cut him off.

"Bu-" Niall too cut Harry off because he was not done yet and and he wanted Harry to hear him out.