29- Golden

Harry was driving.

He was driving his parents from the private airstrip because they didn't want to draw attention that they were flying in. Hence not using the Royal limo.

Harry was behind wheel with Liam in the passenger seat while his parents were in the back seat.

The car was in the highway when the call came in.

Gemma had called him with the news that sent him in a state where he almost crushed the car and risked all of their lives.

Liam lad ended up driving while Harry sat back in the passenger side and freaked out in the name of all that was holy and mighty.

The call that had come in had notified him that Niall was in labour.

"I can't- I can't miss the birth of our son." Harry pulled on his hair and his mother placed a calming hand on his shoulder.

"Calm down son, Liam is doing all he can and we'll get there in time." The King comforted him. "Besides, he's in good hands. The royal health personnels will take care of him."

Harry took a deep breath. They were about an hour from the Palace and he couldn't imagine the pain that Niall was in at the moment.

"He's in pain and frightened. God I shouldn't have left him alone when I knew that it was his due date." Harry mumbled, rambling to himself.

And it was true, Niall had told him that he was perfectly fine and he could go get his parents from the private airstrip.

They had gone to celebrate a friend's birthday in Ireland and it was a very private event, the guards they had taken had taken one car while Liam alongside Harry had driven Harry's car.

He felt guilty that Niall was going through all the this and he wasn't there with him to hold his hand and make it a little bit better for him.

He quickly took out his phone and aggressively tapped it until he reached Gemma's contact, calling her.

"Harry!" It was Louis who answered and before Harry could say anything, he heard a painful scream in the background. Niall.

"Lou, how's the situation?" He asked. "How are my boys?" He was trying his best not to let his vulnerability show in his voice but he was pretty sure he was doing a shit job at masking it.

"They are fine, Niall's water just broke a couple of minutes ago and he's ready to be taken in for the Cesarean but he's refusing saying he doesn't wanna do it without you Gemma's trying to calm him down now." Louis got out all in one breath.

Harry blinked back the tears that were threatening to spill. "We'll be there soon, can you please tell him I love him."

They said their goodbyes and Harry hung up.

The rest of the drive passed by in a blur and before long, they were in the Palace grounds.

The King and Queen had to practically hold him in place or else he would have jumped out of a moving car and sprinted to the entrance. Because in his opinion, the car wasn't fast enough.

Liam had barely parked when Harry threw open the passenger door and made a bee line for the huge doors Liam and his parents right behind him.

*

"Niall!" Harry yelled when he got to the hospital wing of the Palace.

He almost ran into Louis who came out of the labour ward and when he stopped, Liam did manage to run into his back, sending them crashing into Louis and tumbling to the floor.