1- Yes Your Highness

Niall sighed for the umpteenth time, he couldn't concentrate in class that morning.

He really wished he could but it was hard when all he could think about was how he was gonna manage to pay up his half of the rent and food.

He had just recently moved in with Louis after he failed to pay his accommodation fees for the last semester.

And his bestfriend Louis, bless him, convinced Niall to move in with him.

Louis had been lucky enough that his father had bought him a flat right smack in the middle of London. And although it was far from school, atleast Niall's workplaces were a walkable distance.

He and Louis always rode the tube to and from school.

And now, Niall had used up all his money to pay for school necessities that really needed to be paid for. He had no money to pay his half of rent.

Not that Louis would mind if he didn't pay up but he didn't wanna be a burden to his friend.

Niall sighed again, he thought of picking up extra hours at the small diner but that was impossible considering his priority was school then the diner then his job at the Irish pub ten minutes from the diner.

He had no time to work more hours.

"Can you atleast pretend to pay attention. I know there's something bothering you and you are telling me it later, but for now, pay attention, okay?" Niall heard Louis' voice next to him.

He looked over at his friend and saw worry in his eyes. So instead of arguing, Niall just nodded and pretended to pay attention to Mr. Malik who was droning on and on about the lecture.

Finally the lecture was over and Niall released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"You okay?" Louis asked Niall as they both packed up their books.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Niall said and avoided eye contact but that just made Louis raise his eyebrows. He knew Niall too well. "Just didn't get enough sleep s'all." He added and even threw in a little yawn for emphasis.

"Well, atleast we are done for the day, we have some time before you have to go to work. I'll make sure you sleep when we get home." Louis said, not really believing Niall but deciding not to push it.

"Thanks, Lou." Niall said.

They started for the exit but stopped when Mr. Malik spoke up from the front of the lecture hall.

"Niall, a word, please."

"I'll be outside." Louis said and Niall nodded then he made his way over to the professor.

"Yes, sir?" Niall stood infront of the older man. He wasn't at all that old and Niall had wondered how he found himself lecturing this young in his career.

"How are you?" Mr. Malik asked.

Niall wasn't surprised that the professor had asked that question. He knew the struggles Niall went through everyday of his University life and so hearing that made him feel warm.

Mr. Malik was a tough man but he had a soft side to him. The side that made sure Niall was okay, from time to time.

"I'm alright, thanks, sir." Niall smiled.

"That's good. Are you gonna be working at the diner, this evening?" He asked and Niall nodded.

Mr. Malik had stopped by the diner a few times for some kale salad which he claimed he loved so much.

"Yes, I will. Are you gonna stop by?" Niall asked.

"I definitely will. I'm feeling like having kale from a specific diner." Mr. Malik smiled and Niall returned it.