Chapter 52*

Verklempt
(adj.) completely overcome with emotion.

Willow’s POV

Today was the day of the funeral. I was burying my niece that was almost like a daughter to me, along with my husband. The man who is the reason I believed in love, the reason why I am good at protecting my family. I am going to miss him, I couldn’t break down. I had to stay strong for the kids, for Sean who is still mad at me for losing Mariah.

“Oh, my baby,” granny said passing me and going to hug Sean. The kids were with Stephen’s wife. I didn’t want them to experience this.

“How are you feeling?” Bradley asked pulling me for a hug, I stopped the tears from falling. I didn’t put on makeup, I didn’t want to have black marks running down my face.

“I think I forgot how to feel,” I said and st down. I didn’t know what I was supposed to feel. Was I supposed to be sad?

Sean sat next to me and held my hand as the ceremony started. I couldn’t eat since he died, I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t face my family. How could I? When I know I am the cause of his death? Once I put the kids to sleep, I would go outside to cry and scream, I would pull my hair just to feel the way he would make me feel. The pain my head felt when he pulled on my hair. But still, I couldn’t accept the fact that he was gone. I never told him that I loved him, and I did. He will never hear the words from me either.

A sob left my lips and I placed my hand on my lips, I felt like screaming again. I felt like I had no reason to live, it was my fault that both my baby, and my husband are dead.  A tear slipped down my eye when their caskets were carried toward their hole. I quickly wiped it away as my legs suddenly felt like jelly. This all felt like a bad dream, a dream I want to get out of so badly. I gulped hard and looked at my family, all of them were in tears. I didn’t pay attention to the priest, my feet carried me to the casket that was shut closed. I fell on it and started crying, I know I was causing a scene. I know the tears were staining my face, I didn’t care. I wanted him to be alive even if it was just once.

“I love you, Floyd. I know you can’t hear me but please come back to me. Please,” I cried before I was carried away from there and sat on someone’s lap. Sean.

“It’s okay, shhhh,” Sean said rubbing my back. He had tears in his eyes but he didn’t let them fall. I looked at Mariah’s casket and more tears came out, I couldn't go hug her just one more time. She would not be giving me a bracelet again.

“Why did she have to go so soon? Both of them, why are they doing this to us? Aldo and Lia still need their father and their cousin please. Bring them back, I need them back,” I cried, a tear left Sean’s eye and I buried my face in his chest. The caskets were being lowered in their hole, I was about to run and stop them when Sean held me back. I bit onto his shoulder as more tears fell. He didn’t release me, he just pulled me closer and rubbed my back. When it was time to throw the last dirt in his casket, I couldn’t walk. Sen held me all the way and made me throw the dirt in the hole. I almost fainted but with Sean’s scent, I believed everything was going to be fine. 

When the boys took the guns out and started firing at the air, Sean carried me bridal style and carried me to the car. I couldn’t do anything, I couldn’t stop the silent tears from rolling down my cheeks. My heart was aching, Sean blamed me for saving Dean and not Mariah. Granny on the other hand blamed me for taking her last daughter’s life. She ignored the fact that her daughter threatened my kids, almost killed me and almost killed Sean. I would not have been able to lose both of my husbands. Losing one was enough.

***************************
How was it?❤️

**************