Chapter 4*

Eunoia
(n) beautiful thinking; a good mind.

Willow’s POV

"We all think you deserve to die."

I stared at my mom after those words left her lips. I could not believe my mother had just said that. I know I wasn't supposed to mess with the highest mafia in the entire world, but they hurt my baby, I hurt theirs.

I looked at the clock on the wall. I still have forty minutes before the wedding. I got out of the house and ran to my car.

I drove full speed to Sean's mansion. I got out of my car and ran to the room I now call my bedroom. There was a dress on the bed obviously for me. I put it on and looked at the clock, I now only have fifteen minutes. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and put on the earrings I found on the bed next to the dress.

I walked out of the room just as the driver was about to knock. I left him there and walked to the car. He went to the driver’s side and started the car. As soon as the car arrived at the church, I got out and waited for my soon-to-be father-in-law to walk me down the aisle. He walked with me and handed me to Sean, who looked cute, and I smiled at him even though he didn't smile back.

I heard tires screeching so I looked in that direction. It was the Italian mafia boy leader. No, no, no.

"Pastor? Can you skip the intros and jump to the vows please?" I asked and he nodded. Sean was quiet, I guess he was just as bored as I was in the entire ritual.

I started repeating after the pastor and once I was done it was Sean's turn to repeat after him. I looked back at the car, the boy was now getting out of the car while fixing his bow tie. When did he get time to change!?

"Do you Willow Giovanna take Sean Bernardo as your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness, and health? To have and to hold. Until death do you part?" The pastor asked and I nodded.

"I do," I said looking at Sean. He looked at the pastor as he repeated the same phrase to him.

"Do you Sean Bernardo take Willow Giovanna as your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness and in health. To have and to hold. Do you promise to protect her with your life until death do you part?" I looked at the car and the boys were now walking toward the wedding.

"I do," Sean said but my eyes were set on the Italian boy.

"With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride," the pastor said and my eyes went wide as my head snapped toward Sean. I forgot that there was the kissing part. Sean leaned in and kissed my cheek. The crowd cheered and we smiled at them as some people started taking pictures.

The wedding wasn't big. I didn't have guests on my side. Sean had invited some of his men and his family. A gunshot was heard, and people started screaming. Sean pulled me behind him and took his gun out.

"Sean, Sean, Sean," Lorenzo said slowly while taking pauses in between. "Hand her over my boy," the Italian boy said and I looked at Sean who had a clenched jaw. Would he give me over to prevent war between him and the Italian mafia?

"No. She is mine now," Sean said and I nodded my head with a smirk looking at the Italian boy.

"So, you would cause war for one girl that you don't even love?" The boy asked and I looked at Sean. His eyes were on his mom, she looked confused, and I sighed.

"I'll go over," I whispered and went to walk towards the boy but I was pulled behind Sean again.

"Lorenzo, I think we both know who will win that war anyway," Sean said and my eyes went wide. So, let me get this straight, the Spanish third powerful mafia leader that I have disrespected with passion is willing to cause war for a girl he does not even love or have a fling with?

"My mafia is the powerful one and we will slaughter your family and you know it," Lorenzo threatened and I shut my eyes close. Why can't he just give me up and prevent the loss of his family? I still don't get why he would defend me when he could have just handed me over so that I would be killed, and it would pay off with me being happy with my father in hell. I know it doesn't make sense, but it does make sense.

"You can try but you will never succeed. It's either you are gonna walk out of here on your own will or you are gonna walk out of here in a casket," Sean said with a threatening voice that had me shaking like hell but turned me on at the same time.

"What makes you think I'm gonna give up?" Lorenzo asked and I looked at Sean. His eyes were turning deadly with every passing second. I wish my eyes would turn like that when I'm angry.

"You are outnumbered, Lorenzo. I'd suggest you go back home. Safe, and sound," Sean said and I looked at Lorenzo. He started looking around and so did I. Everyone was pointing their guns at him. I heard them scream though; they were even hiding. He chuckled looking at Sean.

"So, you came prepared?" Lorenzo asked and Sean smirked with a scoff.

"I am always prepared but what are you gonna do about it, big boy?" He asked Lorenzo and I smirked raising an eyebrow at Lorenzo.

"I will get her," he said pointing his gun at me. I didn't flinch nor did I show fear. I was a mafia wife, even if it was for a low rank.

"Keep wishing," Sean said and Lorenzo chuckled and turned around. He started to walk but only a few feet before turning around. 

"Know that you have put a target on your back. I will make sure that the Bernardo family is extinct in a short period," he said.

"I have always had a target on my back, Lorenzo. From more powerful people than you or your family or even combined," Sean stated and I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't put a label on it yet," Lorenzo said before really leaving. At least now I know I'm protected by the Spanish poor mafia. I just wonder how long I'm going to run away from death when it's me who wants it so badly. I wished I would die and today, I ruined that chance.  I would be happy in hell with my father by now, and I had to go and run the single chance I got.

But again, I ran because I read the the Italian mafia kills you slowly. I don't want a death I have to wait for before it comes to me. I need a quick and painless thing.

***********************
í knσw ít wαѕ lαmє💔 вut í prσmíѕє thє nєхt chαptєr wíll вє α вlíѕѕ❤️❤️ ѕσrrч fσr thє єrrσrѕ

**********