Chapter 1*

Querencia

(n.) A place from which ones strength is drawn; where one feels at home.

Willows POV

The time for my wedding is near, a month and two weeks. I didn't celebrate my birthday like every other year for the last three years. But I did something that benefits me.

I used to celebrate my birthdays with my father ever since I turned 10. When I turned 11, my mother was always out clubbing or drug dealing. She was a drug addict back in the day. Dad loved her but she loved the money more. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that she was the one who made dad a thief so she could change her hair every single day. She never had a bad hair day since she changed her weaves like she changed her undergarments.

I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I still don't believe that my mother would marry me off when I am eighteen years and a week old.

I haven't enjoyed my life just yet. But I'm still going to be someone's trophy wife. My life sucks to the bone, doesnt it?

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, dried myself off, put on my undergarments, and went back to my bedroom.

I left my hair as it was still damp from the shower. I sighed and walked to my closet. I picked my long-sleeved crop top and a pair of black high-waist jeans. I put on my red ankle boots. I took my bag, walked out of my room, and headed downstairs, with my hand messing with my hair.

I got to the kitchen and found a huge man on our fridge.

“Can I help you?” I asked, and he turned to me with a raised eyebrow. He looked me up and down before shaking his head and turning back to the fridge. He took the good polony and bid into it with his teeth. Gosh, ewe. I love that polony! I walked out of the house and to my car.

My sweet, sweet, precious, cute baby. I drive the black Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Sang Noir. It was a gift from my dad when I turned 15. And yes, I know, with the money he stole. I drove to the only place I get peace that everyone hates, school.

Our school is not that far. 15-minute drive but nine to ten if you are ruthless. I arrived and found myself an empty spot. I parked before walking to my class.

In history, the teacher was talking about Paleoindians.

Next class, chemistry. We were doing organic chemistry, which I was ahead so I had time to zone out and think about fun stuff like shooting someone or maybe robbing a bank.

In math, I had to focus so hard because it hit me to the grave and back.

Then lunch. Do you understand why I like school? Not because we're getting lectured hour in and hour out. But because I get to be free from my mother, free from Kimberly, even though I see her almost all the time as she's in some of my classes, I am free from Steven.

I get to do what I want when I'm here. I could bunk classes, but then I would go and rob the bank for fun. Then do what with the money? Throw it around. And that's not wise.

There are new boys in school. They look hot but I wouldn't waste my time going after them. They look like f**k boys. As usual, the school who**s were already after them. Kimberly and her minions were there too.

I go unnoticed since I'm invisible but I'm not a nerd, I wouldn't consider myself popular. Let's just say I am a normal schoolgirl who likes to keep her things to herself. Even though I'm anything but normal.

After school, I was not ready to go home and face my stupid family, so I went for a drive.

What if my future husband is ugly? No one has ever seen him. No one knows him. Not even Google. I tried searching for him online but never got an image.

I drove to the small ice cream shop that I used to go to with Dad. Everyone turned to me when the bell made this stupid noise indicating another customer. I walked to the counter and looked at the old lady.

“Hola, puedo obtender savor a chocolate en una taza, por favor?” I asked nicely, and she nodded with a small smile on her face. I don't mean to be disrespectful or mean but how come she has been in New York for all this time but still can't speak English?

“Enjoy,” the lady said in her weak English, pushing the ice cream toward me. I nodded, and she left. I walked to the table and slowly started eating my ice cream to pass time. And make it go faster. If that is possible. I wish I could get home after dinner, but I won't have enough time to write all my homework. That's what I dread about each following day, homework that I can't finish because Kimberly annoyed the hell out of me.

I was about to take another bite of my ice cream when a beggar sat in front of me. He was good-looking, even though he looked a little dirty. You and I have different meanings of good-looking, so please don't judge me. He smiled at me, showing his yellow teeth and I smiled back at him.

“You want some?” I asked, raising my cup, and he shook his head.

“I don't eat chocolate,” he replied, and I looked at my cup before my eyes traveled toward him. And here I thought beggars cant be choosers.

“Okay,” I said awkwardly and finished my ice cream. When I was about to stand up, the old lady came to my table with the huge ice cream. It was the extra-large cup. She handed it to the guy who was sitting in front of me. I shrugged and went to pay before leaving the shop and going to my car.

I drove slowly until I reached home by five in the evening. There were cars in our driveway. I had to park on the street.

I walked to the door and counted to five before actually opening the it. I walked in and all eyes turned to me. There were men in black everywhere.

One was standing in front of Steven, one had a grip on Kimberlys wrist, one was standing in front of mom, two were sitting on the couch opposite Steven and mom's, while another one was standing on the door that leads to the kitchen.

“Then she finally decides to show up,” Steven said, relief feeling his voice. Mom also sighed in relief while the other guy let go of Kimberlys wrist.

“Where have you been?” mom asked with her voice full of attitude and I crossed my arms over my chest in a challenging manner.

“I don't think I'm here to take a quiz,” I stated, and she scoffed before looking at Steven.

“Tell her,” she said to Steven, and I rolled my eyes.

“Uh yes, Willow my dear, you are getting married tomorrow.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment your thoughts down below👇👇 and please don't forget to vote 💕

~~~~~~