Chapter 13*

Mellifluous
(adj.) a sound that is sweet and smooth; pleasing to hear.

Willow’s POV

I woke up with a soft snore in my ear. I felt at home somehow. I’ve never cuddled before and I would gladly do it again if I was given an opportunity.

Marcello’s hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer, I was wet on my buttocks. Probably from the sweat produced by our bodies.

“Marcello?” I asked softly but he didn’t reply. He just buried his face deeper into my neck, he must have been tired, he had just asked for a nap. Not twenty-four hours sleep tour.

“Daughter-in-law,” I heard my mother-in-law call from outside my door. I tried to get out of Marcello’s grip but he had me in a lock hold. I couldn’t even find cracks between her fingers.

“Coming mother!” I yelled back and that was when Marcello stirred and released me.

“Come to the kitchen once you’re done,” she said and her heels echoes away. I looked at Marcello who still had his eyes closed.

“Hey,” I poked his chest and he snapped his eyes in my direction.

“I thought you were gonna wake me up,” he said and I rolled my eyes like I had not been trying.

“It is not my fault you sleep like a packet of chips,” I said and was about to get out of bed when he pulled me back and kissed me, my eyes went wide and I stared at him.

“How do these chips taste like?”

“Nutella,” I said and got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

Marcello joined me and started washing my hair with soap. I smiled and his hands came to my boobs and he started massaging them. For most girls, it is a turn-on. It wasn’t one for me. Nothing turned me on apart from seeing someone’s blood.

“I have to go now,” he said and I nodded, he left the cubicle and I also got out, wrapping the towel around my body, I walked after him and found him putting his shirt on. He had a touch-me-not flower tattoo with writings and scars.

“Marcello?” he ignored me and adjusted his shirt, I rolled my eyes and he turned to me.

He was about to say something but the look on my face stopped him, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“I’ve been calling your name,” I said and he sighed, walking closer to me he had an apologetic smile. 

“I never told you my name,” he said, holding my hands to kiss them. What a weird and unique way to apologize.

“Marcello,” I said and he gave me a weird look.

“Floyd, my name is Floyd Hemingway.”

“No way, the nerd?” I asked remembering Hemingway as the nerd who wore glasses and got picked on. He smiled and I laughed, he used to be bullied way more than your normal person bullied. Who knew one day he would be killing people as a career? He smiled wider and I hit his chest knowing he was having dirty thoughts.

“I want to fuck you,” he said bluntly and I rolled my eyes heading to the closet. I didn’t even know what to wear or where my mother-in-law is taking me or even why she is here. I heard Floyd follow behind me and I turned to stop him but somehow, magically he was inside the closet and looking through my undergarments.

“Why are you in here? You must leave,” I said, I didn’t want him to leave. I wish he could just stay over and cuddle with me until further notice. I wish it wasn’t morning already, I felt safest in his arms, the way he said every word, the way he spoke his mind, it was kind of charming.

“I have seen you with these,” he said showing me my red lace undergarments. I rolled my eyes and grabbed them from his hands. My mind sent wrong signals and I put them on. He smiled knowing he had me where he wanted me.

“Stop staring.”

“You are the temptation. The road to hell.”

“You are already going to hell in different religions.”

“Now you led me to hell with the different road.”

“Which one?”

“Sexual road, you are the red apple in the garden of Eden.”

“Nobody said it was an apple,” I told him and he crossed his arms over his chest, looking at my body with his bedroom eyes. The kind that would hypnotize you into getting naked. And I knew I was on my way to the temptation of undressing him too. I didn’t have any fear when I dropped the towel, fully exposed to the man claiming to be Floyd the idiot.

“Still an apple,” he said and I rolled my eyes looking through my clothes for something to wear for today. His eyes were on my body as I rummaged through my clothes. I finally found a presentable summer dress and put it on. I turned to Floyd and watched as he played with my panties.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the closet door after putting my shoes on, “You know where the exit is,” I said over my shoulder and walked to the kitchen. Mother-in-law was sitting with Sean, Angelina, and Marian.

“There is my favorite person,” she stood up and came to hug me.

“What are you doing here, mom?” I asked and realized later that it came out wrong.
“It is a lovely surprise but we have plans,” I looked at Sean who didn’t look like he wanted to be here.

“Why is that bitch here?” she asked and I knew that she was referring to Angelica. I shrugged and she rolled her eyes in annoyance. She put on a fake smile and turned to them, she sat next to Marian and I stood there, waiting for Sean to pull me away from this disaster.

“Sean, don’t you think we should go?” I asked and he looked up at me then at his mother, he sighed and took out his wallet.

“You girls should go shopping and I will get you from the mall when you are done,” he said pulling his card out. His mother smiled, yanking the card from his hand.

“Let me get my purse,” I said and rushed to my room. I took my purse and threw my gun inside before heading back downstairs.

The mall was almost empty, with only a few couples here and there.

We got into every store and everywhere we went, I saw a young man following us.

He didn’t belong with Sean’s men because he had a different tattoo from the one Sean’s men have.

“I think we are followed,” I whispered to mother-in-law when we got inside the ladies’ store. She looked behind her and slipped her hand inside her purse, probably searching for her gun as she retracted her hand without anything.

“Don’t worry, they won’t touch you,” she said and I nodded my head, following after her as she looked through the lingeries.

We were walking toward the exit when a knife got placed on my throat, I looked at the boy who was following us, he looked scared so I didn’t panic but mother in law was worried.

“Tell your husband that he is targeted,” he said and I reached for my gun slowly, he was looking into my eyes and I smirked pulling my gun out and pointing it at him. He dropped the knife and I smirked getting closer to him.

“Send the message back, tell them that we will bring the fireworks,” I said and the boy turned around and ran away. I picked his knife up and turned to mother-in-law, she looked shocked.

“A true mafia queen,” she said after recovering and pulling me to her car, her driver was waiting for us. He took our bags and put them in the trunk, he opened the doors for us and drove home. My feet were killing me, and I couldn’t wait to get together with my bed.

************************
How was it?❤️

**********