Chapter 43*

Advesperascit
(v.) the approaching dark; the evening draws near. 

Sean’s POV

My light, she is indeed the light I needed. Apart from her mother, she is the only person I would die for.

“Sean, give me the baby,” Hallow said and I chuckled, finally pulling my eyes off my baby and turning to her aunt.

“Why? She is the most perfect thing I would ever die for,” she smiled looking at the baby. She sat in front of me and held Aureole’s hand.

“She reminds me of my special someone too,” she said with a smile. Her look was distant and gloomy.

“Special someone?”

“Yeah, the reason I hate dating is because I was raped. I had just turned seventeen, my boyfriend was supposed to take me out. He took me to our usual spot, his friends were there, I knew something wrong was gonna happen. I knew I was right when they tied me down and had their ways with me. I fell pregnant and I had to give the baby up, her name was Caroline. She is so beautiful,” she said and I smiled. No wonder why she was so good with Reinaldo and with Aureole.

“You got through that,” she smiled and kissed the baby’s hands.

“I got through that,” she smiled and stared at the baby. Floyd was staring out of the window, his mind might not have been with him because his watch made a signal but he didn’t seem to hear it.

“Floyd?” I asked but he didn’t turn around. If worse, it made him concentrate outside some more.

“Floyd?” Hallow asked a little louder and he turned around to look at both of us in shock. That’s when he looked at his watch that had stopped beeping.

“Could she be in trouble?” I asked signalling at his watch.

“Now that you put it like that, it is late but she is not here yet,” Hallow said and Floy pulled his phone out and stared at it.

“Her stress levels are normal,” Floyd said but the tone he used showed me he didn’t trust that she was safe. She felt her just as much as I did that something terribly wrong happened.

“What about her whereabouts?” Hallow asked and Floyd looked at his watch.

“She is at Casey’s I scream U Scream café.”

“Let me check,” I took my phone out and traced her, she was not at the ice cream café. She was somewhere close to the beach.

“She’s at the beach,” I said and Hallow chuckled taking my phone from me.  Her smile dropped as she stared at the screen.

“Why?”

“She was kidnapped” I turned to Jace who was drenched with blood and sweat. Hallow stared at him the at me.

“Why aren’t you running after the car that took her?” Hallow asked and Jace stared at me.

“I tried, ended up having to fight their men.”

“Damn it.”

“That rubber band in her hair helped,” Floyd said walking out of the room and I kissed Aureole’s cheek before following Floyd.

“Son, what is the matter?”

“They took Willow and the kids,” I replied and granny gasped.

“And her guards?”

“Drenched with blood,” I replied and Bradley took his gun out. Celin walked toward me with her gun too.

“Where are you going?” Floyd asked her and she rolled her eyes before talking like it was obvious.

“To find my friend.”

“You are staying behind,” Darius said walking in the kitchen.

“But you are allowed to go?”

“I’m a man.”

“I’m your woman,” she said and Darius clenched his jaw before looking at me. He never liked Celin being involved in the gang, she had a huge heart that she was willing to sacrifice everything for it.

“Stay with Hallow and Angelica and the babies.”

“But-”

“No buts,” Floyd cut her off and she rolled her eyes before walking out.

“In case we don’t come back, they are your responsibility,” I said and she nodded handing me her gun.

“We will come back,” Darius promised and she smiled at him before pecking his lips an d pulling him for a hug.

“Okay,” she whispered and watched as he walked out, I nodded my head at her before walking after the boys. I had to find my main light before she fades away. I understood the assignment, loud and clear.

*********************
Your thoughts?

*********