Chapter 31*

Aegis
(n.) protection; support.

W

illow's POV

Now can we tall?”

I stared at Floyd as he sat on my bed with a Nutella jar in his hands. I rolled my eyes and crumbled the paper before throwing it at his feet.

“Willow,” I turned to the bathroom and found the girl who had kidnapped me.

“Why are you both here?” I asked and she walked toward me, I took a step back and she shook her head in disappointment.

“You are just as Giovanna described you,” I raised an eyebrow. The disrespect.

“Don't talk about my dad you-”

“He is my dad and I can talk about him whenever I want,” she cut me off and I chuckled.

“I wouldn't share a dad with someone like you,” she smiled.

“Of course, you are too weak to have the same blood as me in your veins,” I was about to walk toward her when Floyd pulled me back. I glared at the girl and she smiled, showing her dimples.

“You are jealous,” I ended up saying. I was the one who was jealous, I don't have dimples or the cute body like hers. She laughed, like I had just made the joke of the year. I wish I had a gun, or a knife like in my dream. I would have slashed her throat just to show her how weak I can be.

“Of you?” she laughed again and I turned to Floyd who was staring at us with amusement.
“Crazy, yes. Not jealous.”

“Then why are you trying to break me and Sean up? Oh, and why did you kill Mandy's baby?” confusion filled her face before a pitiful laugh left her lips.

“Is that what he told you?”

“That fool,” Floyd said behind me and I turned to him. He was looking into my eyes, wanting to see what I would do. I slapped the Nutella jar from his hands and he held shocked face before it turned into a pissed one. I dared him to try something, I was ready to fight him like his equal.

“So, he already sweet talked you,” the girl said walking to the window. She had a distant look. And the more I looked at her, the more I could see dad in her. And he did look like that when something was bothering him.

“Who are you?” I asked her and she turned to me with a smile, it was like she knew that I was jealous of her dimples.

“I am Hallow Tridah de Benevento,” she said and I chuckled. She is the one Sean told me about. Hallow.

“Why are you here?”

“Mostly is for revenge and partially I'm here to get my sister out of this dump,” she said looking around the room.

“It's not a dump.”

“You've been brainwashed,” she walked toward me.
“Is he that good in bed?” I looked at Floyd who was back on the bed with his Nutella jar in his hands. Looking at the scene in front of him like he was at the cinema.

“Oh please,” I said and she sighed looking into my eyes. A smile formed on her face, like she was seeing everything behind my eyes.

“At least tell me you'll look into him,” I shrugged.

“I trust him.”

“This is not about trust,” she said and I chuckled shaking my head.

“It is. If I listen to a stranger then I don't trust my husband, don't you think?”