Chapter 16*

Noceur
(n.) one who stays up late.

Willow’s POV

They didn’t believe me, I didn’t care. I heard a twig snap and I looked toward the trees. A tall, lanky figure was sauntering along the rocky walk in our direction.

“I will be back,” Sean said and came to grab my hand and pulled me with him to the man. The man looked at me up and down and bit his lower lip, I pulled my hand out of Sean’s rough one and walked back to the car.

“Are you the man I was on the call with?” Sean asked affably and the man nodded.

“I certainly am, Mr?”

“Bernardo,” Sean answered smiling at the man. Mafia men aren’t supposed to smile.

“Fine cars you got there, Mr. Bernardo, are they yours?” the man asked and I looked at him. He kept looking behind us, he smelt nothing but dodgy. Is he even the man Sean had to meet? Sean looked at the cars and nodded his head.

“Yes, we own these babies. Honey?” Sean called out and I looked at him but Angelica walked toward him. I walked toward Darius and sighed bringing my lips closer to his ear.

“Does he seem dodgy?” I asked him and he looked at the man then at me.

“He is about to be the face of the mafia, of course, he will be dodgy.”A

“Look at his eyes, they always look that way,” I pointed behind the cars and that’s when Darius stared at the man. He nodded his head slowly and I pulled his gun out and pointed it at the man.

“Willow, what the hell?” Sean asked coming closer to me and I pointed the gun at him.

“I never liked you, you know?” I asked and he chuckled before pulling his gun out and pointing it at me.

“Put it away,” he ordered and the man stared at me in shock. I slowly put my gun down with my eyes on the man, a red dot was on his chest, I looked in the direction of the dot and saw the familiar figure, with all black in this heat.

“Who are you?” I asked the man walking closer to him, he looked at me then at Sean. He didn’t know who he was supposed to be, meaning he is either an imposter or they are playing Sean. I pointed the gun at him and he glared at me.

“Don’t threaten me, bitch!” he said and I pushed him, he landed on the ground with his butt and Sean came to yank the gun from me.

“Stop this nonsense,” Sean said and I shook my head, not understanding what his deal is and how dumb he can be. The first bullet hit closer to the man and Angelica screamed running toward the gang. I yanked the gun from Sean and pointed it where the bullet was fired. Floyd was fighting another person at a distance. I turned to the man on the ground and pointed my gun at him.

“Who are you?” he didn’t answer. I hit his forehead with the base of the magazine well. His head hit the ground before he looked back at me and spat in my face.

“You will all die like flies,” before I could react to his words, a gun went off and his blood splashed over my face. My eyes went wide and I looked at Sean, he was the one who shot him.

“Why did you do that!?” I asked and he shrugged, Bradley brought me a towel and I wiped the blood from my face.
“You are a stupid mafia man, he would have told you who is your enemy!” I shouted and Sean turned to me with his eyes a darker color. I slowly backed down and threw the towel on the man’s limp body.

“How did you know he was fake?” Celin asked and I shrugged. I was annoyed, Sean is a dumb man to be a mafia leader.

“Hello Sean,” Floyd asked and guns pointed at him. He had cut his beard, I liked that beard. He removed his hood and showed his blood-covered face.

“Marcello,” Sean said through gritted teeth.

“She is right you know, you would have known your enemies, but no, you had to kill the man,” Sean walked toward Marcello and gripped his shirt. I rolled my eyes and stared at them.

“Are you calling me-”

“An incompetent fool,” Floyd said and Sean punched him. He pulled his dagger and Sean didn’t see it. I ran to Sean and pushed him out of the way when Floyd was about to attack him.

“What the hell is your deal!?” I asked Floyd, getting up and turning to him.

“What is wrong with you?” he asked me and I walked toward him.

“Why are you even here?” I asked and he smiled, showing his bloody teeth. His Nutella scent was laced with the metallic smell of blood he was covered with.

“You know him?” Darius asked and I ignored him. Sean got up and walked toward us.

“How the hell do you know him, Willow?” he asked and I looked at Floyd, he was also waiting for my answer.

“I just do. Now you,” I turned to Floyd and he looked at me with a smirk. “Answer me.”

“I promised your dad I will protect you, and I would never allow you to come with Sean here. Alone,” he said and Sean raised an eyebrow, feeling disrespected. Floyd technically called him incapable of protecting me.

“I’ll be fine. Leave me alone,” I said and he chuckled coming closer to me.

“I will be around,” he inhaled my hair and slowly backed away. He and Sean had a five seconds glare challenge before he disappeared into the woods. Now I was left with six pairs of eyes on me, waiting for my answer.

“How do you know him?”

“He is a person I just know,” I replied and went to get inside the car. I sat in the back, ignoring the wet seats. Angelica got in too and I rolled my eyes. Sean and the other guys held a meeting and I saw his box of cigarettes on the seat he was sitting on. I took them and the lighter and got out of the car.