Chapter 25-Fire To The Throne...

I stared at him blankly for a second before hitting him as hard as I could in the shoulder which to my surprise made him rub his shoulder. It obviously didn’t hurt him though I doubt the fact that I would hit him made him comfortable.

“Why didn’t you do that before?” I half yelled.

“He was too much of an idiot to remember that he could.” Jordan laughed as he headed back to the hut, following behind Harry.

“So I held my powers back until now, so what?”

“You could save our lives just by killing all of them yet you choose not to, why are you sentencing us to death?” My voice had finally turned into a scream of anger and it wasn’t long before he started doing the same.

“I’m not sentencing anyone to death! My powers come at a cost greater than death! If I overuse my powers then you might as well just walk out there now and kill yourselves! Besides, I wouldn’t let anything happen to the girl I love and the boy I practically raised!”

“Don’t you dare ever say you raised Jordan! He got through all of this on his own without any help from you! If you love us so much then why did you pull my spine out right in front of him? You could have killed me!”

“I told you I wouldn’t let that happen, he needed to be taught a lesson and so he was rewarded when he finally learnt it!”

“You’re acting like a savage beast! And king or not, no one needs to be around that!”

“I am NOT Harry, why don’t you stop trying to turn me into him?”

He breathed in and out slowly, obviously trying to calm himself down and I remained silent. I didn’t know how to reply to what he had just said. I wasn’t trying to turn him into Harry although being a little nicer towards people couldn’t possibly hurt anyone.

“Now we can’t stay inside here all the time so get your rest, tomorrow morning we shall continue fighting them, which includes you two.” He called out towards Harry and Jordan, making them both turn around and nod in agreement.

I opened my eyes. Tomorrow was Jordan’s seventeenth birthday and I couldn’t let anything happen to him, if this war was going to get any more dangerous than it was today, then we needed to savour all the good moments we had left.

I stared at the ground as he began to walk away from me and head over towards Jordan and harry who were now seated inside the hut.

“Zayn!”

He turned around slowly to meet my gaze.

“Not tomorrow, please, it’s Jordan’s birthday…”

He smiled evilly and darted his fingers into his side one by one before walking back over to me for a split second and whispering, “All the more reason to.”

Without another word, he shot off into the hut. I could have gone after him but instead I felt the need to keep watch just sitting against the hut’s sturdy walls, only to make sure the barrier didn’t collapse over night. Zayn may have been truly immortal, unable to be killed but the rest of us weren’t even a mere zombie bite could mean the end for Harry.

I stayed up all night watching the zombies and vampires staring back at me, the red glowing eyes of the zombies peered right into my very soul and all I heard was the sound of their moans and the wicked taunts of vampires, the werewolves however were nowhere to be seen.

When I first saw those few rays of light, I gulped nervously. I didn’t want anything to happen to Jordan and though he might have had 1000% more fight left in him, I still worried about him. Call it family, call it whatever you want, our bond was stronger than anything and I didn’t want him to change…in ANY way.

I would rather have us die nobly and remain dead rather than turn into those creatures they call the ‘undead’. Of course, Jordan felt a lot more strongly about this than I did, if he were to become any creature then I would help him get through it but if it was me, like our mother and father, he would kill me without any hesitation.

“Never leave me Jordan.” I whispered, not expecting anyone to answer and so I jumped when I heard a voice behind me say, “Do you ever think I would?”

I smiled as Jordan came and sat next to me, linking his fingers in-between mine and smiling down at me lovingly. I rested my head on his shoulder and he laughed as he looked out at the creatures yelling profanities and moaning at us.

“Wretched things aren’t they?” he laughed.

“Jordan?”

I lifted my head off his shoulders and looked into his eyes which shone like two diamonds in the early morning light.

“What will happen to us? I mean, we aren’t immortal like those two, we are still only human.”

He smiled warmly and looked down at the ground for a second before once again meeting my eyes.

“We will fight like the warriors we are. No matter what Zayn or Harry say, we are our own people and nothing can change that, nothing can change our fate now. Kings and Princes don’t tell us who we are, we do.”

I smiled back at him and watched as he stood up and threw his hand out towards me. I grabbed it and he lifted me up onto my feet and leant down slightly so our eyes were perfectly aligned.

“WE are the future, WE say what happens and WE will be left standing. Don’t you ever doubt our abilities. We might not be immortal or be able to read minds, but we are much stronger than they’ll ever be.”

I loved his amazing inspirational speeches, of course they’ve never been to this extent but a desperate time called for desperate measures of hope and if Jordan was confident, so was I.

“Are you ready?”

He began leading me towards the fence but I looked back. Harry and Zayn were nowhere to be seen and I was certain we were meant to go out together and fight like a real team.

“What about Harry and Zayn?”

“They aren’t needed, we can fight them on our own.”

“Oh, I almost forgot…Happy Birthday, Jordan…”